I have a Bold 9000 that started out with the original Rogers operating system some time in 2008.

I've upgraded it through various 4.6 (or is it 4.7?) OS versions and I'm now on 5.0.0.662 (I haven't gone to .681 yet mostly because I keep forgetting).

On every single version of 5.0 I've tried (Wind, Azercell, etc) I have run into two problems.

1. The camera takes pictures that are way too bright when using the flash. It's like it doesn't reduce the exposure time when the flash is on - almost every flash picture is totally white. This happens in auto flash and when you force the flash on. Pictures without the flash work the way you'd expect them to.

2. I can't snooze the alarm using a side key while it's in the holster any more. The alarm ringtone starts playing, I press the volume up or down key while the phone is still in the holster. On OS 4.6, this would cause the alarm to snooze for ten minutes. On OS 5.0 it just restarts the alarm sound! Totally pointless.

This is especially annoying for me as I need to take pills on a 12 hour basis and so I have alarms going off at least twice a day, every day.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    06-15-10 05:36 PM
    ah the dangers of un-official releases, either try the 681 or just downgrade to when the phone worked right
    06-15-10 06:06 PM
    i have 681 on my rogers branded phone and it works great, but maybe its cause im running on bells network, lol
    06-15-10 09:37 PM
    Both functions you mentioned work well on my Rogers Bold running 681.
    06-16-10 03:54 AM
    I seem to have fixed the camera problem. I haven't been able to test the alarm problem yet. It may be fixed too.

I used BBSAK to WIPE my phone after backing it up, then installed .681. All other OS 5.0 upgrades have never made a difference, but now .681 seems to obey the flash correctly - the camera 'click' noise is even different (it had been the same from stock Rogers 4.6.0.2xx all the way to my last 5.0). I'm guessing some old junk from an OS 4.6 install was interfering with 5.0 files loading properly.

I'll report back later on whether the camera continues to work properly and whether my alarms are good.
    06-16-10 10:34 AM
    try 5.0.0.681 its good .. or try one of the hybrids
    06-17-10 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD