Hey guys,

I am having a problem with my old Bold 9000 - I switched to the 9700 a while ago.
    I got it out because a friend of mine doesn't have a smartphone yet, and I was kinda looking to get him hooked on BlackBerries. The reason I switched to the 9700 was some battery problem I'd been having, somehow the contact between battery and device wasn't fit; I fixed that (some screws got lose, awkward enough...)
    However, I think during the various attempts to boot the OS without a constant power supply, I have nuked my OS... The device boots up, the red LED is on for 10 seconds or so and then starts flashing repeatedly - 4 times, then a short break, then 4 times again. The screen doesn't react in any way.
    I have tried to connect the phone via Apploader, which didn't work. I get to the step where I can connect a device with an unknown PIN, but then it just sits there and says connecting - I left my PC running for an entire night, and there was no progress.
    JL Cmnder doesn't work either, it apparently isn't able to open port or something like that.
    I am using this on a primary usb, no hubs, and it is a full power port.
    Any suggestions what I could try?

thanks in advance,
    Ben
    11-20-10 02:19 PM
    You have to keep trying to reinstall the OS... I've had some berries like this that have taken 4-8 times to pick up the installation. I've read in other forums that it can take up to as many as 20+ tries. I have also seen some devices that won't recover. If there's a true hardware issue, you may be out of luck.
    achatzb likes this.
    11-20-10 03:09 PM
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    Seems like I am in an unfortunate spot here... I have tried about 15 times already, and there is no reaction. Well, I will keep trying
    11-20-10 04:49 PM
    11-20-10 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD