Version 4.6

Plan was to upgrade the OS to version 5, sadly, the computer doesn't detect it. I've tried to consult 5 or 6 technicians already to check my phone, but their answers were totally confusing like these two:

1. CHARGING PIN issue.
    - but I can charge my phone using the direct charger

2. Cos of the "password" set the previous owner of the phone.
    - I've tried disabling any password that I could see here, but nothing changed. I've also tried using the wireless update, but to no avail.

Can anyone help me, please?
    And sadly, I can no longer contact previous owner.

Thanks to those who will help!
    08-04-11 12:13 PM
    If there's a password set, connecting to DM should prompt you for it. Once you enter it, you should connect.

What happened when you disabled it? Is there still a password? It's there a small padlock icon next to the enable/disable?
    08-04-11 02:03 PM
    If your computer no detects it when you connect, and you here no connect beep from your pc, nothing shows up only your bb charge then it's a usb problem like they said.
    You can charge but there are 5 pins in your usb
    1. Positive 2.negative 3. Neutro 4.data receive 5.data send
    So if one of the data pins is broke/gone you never can connect it and you have to fix your BB usb connection.

Enjoy DelftEo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 03:55 PM
    If there's a password set, connecting to DM should prompt you for it. Once you enter it, you should connect.

What happened when you disabled it? Is there still a password? It's there a small padlock icon next to the enable/disable?
    I've disabled everything just before I connect it to the computer. But the problem is, the computer does not recognize it. so getting to DM is impossible.
    08-04-11 11:15 PM
    If your computer no detects it when you connect, and you here no connect beep from your pc, nothing shows up only your bb charge then it's a usb problem like they said.
    You can charge but there are 5 pins in your usb
    1. Positive 2.negative 3. Neutro 4.data receive 5.data send
    So if one of the data pins is broke/gone you never can connect it and you have to fix your BB usb connection.

Enjoy DelftEo

But 5 different technicians tested this phone and still, it's not detected by any PC.
    08-04-11 11:23 PM
    how tested ???
    if you test the usb poort by connecting and the pc regonized it then it's oke but how can they say your usb poort is oke when it not connects ??
    If nothing happens on pc site no ping no pong sound no messages show up or whatever when you connect it, then your data pin is corrupt, if your pc say ping or what ever for sound when you connect your BB then we can search for something else, if not try other pc if no ping sound when connect search a GOOD technician to fix your usb poort. What can I say more, simple as simple.

Enjoy DelftEo

Last edited by delfteo; 08-04-11 at 11:38 PM.
    08-04-11 11:31 PM
    But the problem is, the computer does not recognize it. so getting to DM is impossible.
    Explain more please "does not recognize" as BB or your pc don't see anything ?? No message show up no connect sound or just a unrecognized device ?? Be more specific.

Enjoy DelftEo

08-04-11 11:43 PM
    Just replace your usb port.
    08-04-11 11:49 PM
    Explain more please "does not recognize" as BB or your pc don't see anything ?? No message show up no connect sound or just a unrecognized device ?? Be more specific.

Enjoy DelftEo

We tried to connect the phone to 5 different computers and all of them were not able to connect it. "does not recognize" means the phone, when connected to the PC, just charges. No sound, no prompts, nothing. the phone is just charging.
    08-05-11 12:22 AM
    We tried to connect the phone to 5 different computers and all of them were not able to connect it. "does not recognize" means the phone, when connected to the PC, just charges. No sound, no prompts, nothing. the phone is just charging.
    Change your usb cable if you did then for sure you broke one off the 5 pins insite your BB usb connector and you have to let it changed. A friend off my had the same problem and when we looked good in the usb housing the plastic piece was split in 2 parts so when he connected his BB it only charged and nothing more because 1 data pin did not connects.
    Try with a little needle to lift up a little bit the pins insite but be careful.

Enjoy DelftEo

Last edited by delfteo; 08-05-11 at 10:49 AM.
    08-05-11 10:44 AM
    Change your usb cable if you did then for sure you broke one off the 5 pins insite your BB usb connector and you have to let it changed. A friend off my had the same problem and when we looked good in the usb housing the plastic piece was split in 2 parts so when he connected his BB it only charged and nothing more because 1 data pin did not connects.
    Try with a little needle to lift up a little bit the pins insite but be careful.

Enjoy DelftEo

ok I will try that. thank you very much for your time
    08-05-11 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD