Oh I totally understand that I was just wondering is there supposed to be a Wireless Update option under Advanced Options in settings now? Or when the 25th rolls around will we batt pull and a new update will show up or something?

Sorry for the confusion
    Its cool. On the 25th you will have to go to wireless update and it should show then that you can update to .508.
    08-21-09 10:03 PM
    Oh ok, I understand now

thanks
    08-21-09 10:15 PM
    maybe ist me. but i can't seem to find the .508 anywhere on AT&T. All i see in the software package version of .438. Can anyone else confirm?
    I'm rocking the Rogers version of .282 and it has all the things mentioned. VVM, Wiki (whatever), the weather thingy, 3g to 2g switch, etc. The only OS upgrade I saw at AT&T was the same one you saw. I even did an OTA installation of a supposedly better version of .167 - but NOTHING changed as far as battery life or anything else.

Rogers .282 is like my Bold on steroids right now. Super battery life and no more searching for that mythical 3G signal that does not exist in the area where I live.

Life is good on .282 is all I'm gonna say for right now.(*weg* - *no longer trusting at&t*)

Peace...
    08-21-09 10:31 PM
    Can't wait tlll the 25th
    08-21-09 11:46 PM
    If anyone finds this for me before the 25th I'll give you a cookie
    08-21-09 11:53 PM
    Man can't wait until the 25th I see for some of ya. I wonder how well you guys will do if your significant other was out of town for a couple of days. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 12:28 AM
    i got a feeling its not going to come on the 25th.
    08-22-09 01:27 AM
    i got a feeling its not going to come on the 25th.
    Easy buddy, I hear a lot of people's bubbles being burst by that statement! LOL But being that I work for AT&T (Not in the Mobility section), it would be typical AT&T fashion to a) release it on time but with NONE of the bugs/details worked out. b) Just miss the release date and act as if nothing happened! I'm hoping for neither of those. I'm tired of my Youmail battery drain and I'm really looking forward to VVM.
    08-22-09 03:04 AM
    Easy buddy, I hear a lot of people's bubbles being burst by that statement! LOL But being that I work for AT&T (Not in the Mobility section), it would be typical AT&T fashion to a) release it on time but with NONE of the bugs/details worked out. b) Just miss the release date and act as if nothing happened! I'm hoping for neither of those. I'm tired of my Youmail battery drain and I'm really looking forward to VVM.
    Why are you waiting until the 25th for VVM? You can get it now, as clearly shown if you read the thread here. If you get an ***** AT&T rep, that's one thing, but seeing as a bunch of us have already called up AT&T and had VVM added this week, there's no sense just waiting.

BTW, .282 sucks, and I wish people would stop saying otherwise. 1/2 hour media card scans are a major league bug.
    08-22-09 07:09 AM
    Has anyone confirmed exactly what VVM will cost? Is it an extra charge to use it or will it be free?

08-22-09 07:56 AM
    BTW, .282 sucks, and I wish people would stop saying otherwise. 1/2 hour media card scans are a major league bug.
    Lol amen! I can't stand it

08-22-09 08:40 AM
    From an AT&T Businss CSR

On 8/21/2009, scott h. processed the following changes to your account:

1. Other
    2. Visual Voicemail on BlackBerry Bold
    ** Available 8/25/09 **
    AT&T Proprietary (Internal Use Only)
    Not for use or disclosure outside the AT&T companies except under written agreement
    Instructions for AT&T COU Users To Set Up Visual Voicemail For BlackBerry Bold
    Step 1: BlackBerry Bold with the Visual Voicemail icon
    a. Check whether you have the Visual Voicemail icon on your device by scrolling across the expanded home
    screen. The words "Visual Voicemail" will appear at the bottom of the screen when the icon is
    highlighted.
    b. If the Visual Voicemail icon is present on the smartphone, move to step 2.
    c. If the Visual Voicemail icon is not present, you will need to upgrade the software on your BlackBerry Bold
    device. To upgrade the software, from your desktop go to internal link and follow the
    instructions. (You will need local administrative rights to download the software required to perform the
    upgrade. If you do not have local administrative rights, please request at
    internal link
    Step 2: Add Visual Voicemail To Your Service in COU
    a. Visual Voicemail requires a feature to be added to each user's service. New VVM users can add the Visual
    Voicemail feature by logging in to the COU website at internal link or at
    internal link
    • From the Home page, select the Features/Plans tab at the top of the page
    • Select the Feature Add/Remove menu option to the left
    • Select the Wireless Numbe! r(s) you wish to add Visual Voicemail to
    • Select the Visual Voicemail (BOLD only) option and Submit
    b. If you already have the VVM (Bold only) feature activated on your service, you can simply re-sync the
    VVM client on the device with the VVM platform. Do this by dialing into your voicemail box manually
    (press and hold the "1" key) and following the instructions.
    WARNING: Adding the Visual Voicemail feature to your service will result in the deletion of your existing
    voicemail box and messages. Please review all your existing voicemail messages before you cut over to
    Visual Voicemail.
    Step 3: Set Up Of The New Visual Voicemail Box
    To complete set up of the Visual Voicemail service, you should:
    1. Click on the Visual Voicemail icon on the smartphone.
    2. Follow the steps on the screen to enter a password of your choice, and select a standard or a personal
    greeting.
    Support: If you have any issues with the above steps, please submit a COU troubleshooting request by logging in to
    the COU website at internal link or at internal link.
    Roaming Internationally
    Visual Voicemail will not deliver messages while traveling internationally. To change this, select the Visual
    Voicemail icon, click on the Menu key, select Options and then set Allow Data Connection While Roaming to Yes.
    Data roaming charges are incurred for Visual Voicemail you receive while roaming internationally.
    08-22-09 09:36 AM
    There is no cost for the VVM
    08-22-09 09:53 AM
    I'm on the phone with AT&T right now and he's telling me to access this COU site. Http://newcou.edc.cingular.net But I cant pull it up. He said add it there and then he can provision it. He can pull it up but can't change my settings. I'm ge tting frustrated!!! im being told to wait til the 25th!!
    08-22-09 12:00 PM
    Are you an AT&T employee?
    08-22-09 12:08 PM
    i called att business care customer service and they couldnt add vvm for me..told me the option wasnt there..guess i have to wait.
    08-22-09 12:22 PM
    in your opinion. its way better than 266 for me, which would reboot the moment i listened to any online station using aac+.

My 8G card scans almost instantly. (earlier betas used to take a long time and have missing files.. i solved this by deleting all of the .dat files on the card. Rebooting rebuilt them and everything has been fine since).
    08-22-09 01:08 PM
    Are you an AT&T employee?
    I am! Not with Mobility, and I'm not on a work computer. So i guess the page is internal only. I might try it monday on the intranet connection.
    08-22-09 01:33 PM
    Channel: COR, LD, NR, SB
    Roles: Representatives and Above
    Markets: All Markets
    Contact: Gary XXXXXX for BlackBerry Bold MR; Jackie XXXXXX for Visual Voicemail.

On August 25, 2009, a new version of software for the BlackBerry Bold, also known as a Maintenance Release (MR), will be available for customers to download. The MR includes several enhancements and overall device improvements.

A new key feature of the MR is AT&T Visual Voicemail for BlackBerry Bold. AT&T Visual Voicemail allows customers to review voicemail messages in the order they choose with the click of a button, all from an e-mail like inbox.
    08-22-09 01:39 PM
    Also, from internal...

08-22-09 01:49 PM
    It's free. Nice.
    08-22-09 01:56 PM
    Hey guys would it be possible for anyone to make an ota for vvm? I'm sure everyone would appreciate it. Specially me!

08-22-09 04:55 PM
    Does anyone know if you upgrade to this OS will it automatically replace my BBM 5 with the version its packaged with? And if it does Would I be able to re install BBM 5 if I still have the original DL of it? Kind of sucks if it does seeing that BBM 5 is running flawlessly and afraid to reinstall it again.
    08-22-09 05:07 PM
    It's free. Nice.
    charging us more would be a big rip off since the $30 iphone plan comes with this as a feature
    08-22-09 06:06 PM
    Does anyone know if you upgrade to this OS will it automatically replace my BBM 5 with the version its packaged with? And if it does Would I be able to re install BBM 5 if I still have the original DL of it? Kind of sucks if it does seeing that BBM 5 is running flawlessly and afraid to reinstall it again.
    Good question. I would assume since the BBM files are in the OS and 5.0 is leaked, that it would revert us back. Or if you have the BBM 5.0 files on your computer, you can just load them into the OS before installing! Just my 2 cents!
    08-22-09 06:09 PM
425 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD