[QUOTE=hytran;3391596]

Does this mean I'm your friend now or did you mean someone else?
    Yes, you were the friend. Ad hoc, or pro temp, if you wish. Friends have been made for less reason than this. :-)

Anyway, as a fellow Illinoisan, you should know that anyone who can do something for you becomes a friend, sometimes even a relative....
    08-20-09 07:55 PM
    i have at&t and my vvm works with .282
    Here again, and this has been mentioned numerous times in the past, there is usually an iPhone involved in one's past that makes VVM work with their BB now.
    08-20-09 07:57 PM
    thanks watch tv online free visit goonlinetv dot com
    So which one do you guys like better? Att visual voicenail or youmail?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 08:29 PM
    Here again, and this has been mentioned numerous times in the past, there is usually an iPhone involved in one's past that makes VVM work with their BB now.
    Nope, not in my past. I'm on .266, and I simply called the customer service number and said, "I'd like to get visual voice mail on my BlackBerry Bold." The guy said fine, asked me if I had any messages on my voicemail I hadn't listened to (the VVM provisioning requires you to set up your voicemail again from scratch), and a couple of minutes later, that was that.

I'm on BES, but I own the phone so I went through the regular customer service number. That shouldn't make any difference though. It could be that some of the reps haven't been trained yet or something, because from some of the posts here, a few unfortunate folks have gotten reps without a clue. VVM is here right now, and I'm using it on my Bold.

08-20-09 08:37 PM

Can someone explain why we shouldn't load OTA??
    Anybody??

08-20-09 08:40 PM
    Anybody??
    CX can tell you why, but the fact that he advises against it is enough for me.

Back to VVM, I just noticed that the VVM icon is one of those permanent ones (like the browser, BBM, messages, etc.) that's always active when you hit the app switcher.

08-20-09 08:52 PM
    Nope, not in my past. I'm on .266, and I simply called the customer service number and said, "I'd like to get visual voice mail on my BlackBerry Bold." The guy said fine, asked me if I had any messages on my voicemail I hadn't listened to (the VVM provisioning requires you to set up your voicemail again from scratch), and a couple of minutes later, that was that.

I'm on BES, but I own the phone so I went through the regular customer service number. That shouldn't make any difference though. It could be that some of the reps haven't been trained yet or something, because from some of the posts here, a few unfortunate folks have gotten reps without a clue. VVM is here right now, and I'm using it on my Bold.

It gets curiouser and curiouser. I called AT&T again and was told that there was no way to do it. This guy said he had recently been trained on the Bold, had a Bold himself, and he couldn't get VVM yet for himself. He also said there would be a small fee associated with it.

He did say that if I had a SIM card from an iPhone that VVM would then work on the Bold, but that the SIM card might "break" the BB unless the BB has an OS that was capable of handling it. I have a feeling that he may have known less than the other 2 reps I talked with today.

By the time I get VVM, /everyone/ will have VVM on their Bold, and that isn't fair, at all....
    08-20-09 09:07 PM
    2G is GPRS, you'll only get EDGE (2.5G) in EDGE areas... In the UK, they are very few and far between.
    2G and 2.5G is EDGE. 1G would be GPRS. 3G is UMTS. 2.5G was an update at&t did to their network for the original (or 2G) Iphone. They doubled their EDGE speeds across the board, but this really only made it like 2-3 times faster than dial-up.
    08-20-09 09:16 PM

You're missing my point. I never said the only way we have VVM working now is because there was an iPhone on the account. I said that the only way UP TO NOW was for there to be a previous iPhone on the account.
    Last edited by hytran; 08-20-09 at 09:38 PM.
    08-20-09 09:32 PM
    I just got off a very lengthy call with mobility, and the guy at first thought it was possible. After about 4 "silent holds" he says he's gonna talk to the guy who's doing the training for the VVM. He said his training wasn't until tomorrow. He comes back and says my OS isn't compatible with it.( He thought I was running .167) I'm running .282. I tell him I have the VVM Icon and just need it provisioned through the network. Long story short, he verified that "by the end of the month," we will have the OS release and then the VVM will be provisioned. Call back after I get the new AT&T OS and he will provision it. So I guess Bitter Sweet news!!
    Last edited by Scoot05RedSS; 08-21-09 at 12:24 AM.
    08-21-09 12:20 AM
    You're missing my point. I never said the only way we have VVM working now is because there was an iPhone on the account. I said that the only way UP TO NOW was for there to be a previous iPhone on the account.
    That makes no sense. VVM wasn't available for the BB on AT&T "up to now."

08-21-09 04:53 AM
    That makes no sense. VVM wasn't available for the BB on AT&T "up to now."

Sure it does. VVM was available on the iPhone for quite some time. People who had an iPhone then went to a BB were surprised that VVM worked for them when they installed .266. Plenty of posts about this on CB and other sites.

08-21-09 06:38 AM
    Alright, so I just got VVM loaded back on my .266 Bold, and it's working. I left myself a message, and it gets downloaded to the VVM app on the BB.

I thought VVM was just what it says... "visual". I thought it was supposed to send me what the person said in a text message or something like that. Is it not??

If it does NOT send me what the person said in a message somehow that I can read on my screen, I don't see how this is a big deal when YouMail has been doing this for free ever since I've had my Bold. Not to mention YouMail has smart greetings, and you can get the voicemail sent to you via email to store as WAV files, etc.

If I'm wrong, and it is supposed to send you what the person said in a message, please let me know.
    08-21-09 05:24 PM
    Visual voicemail is simply that you can choose the message you specifically want to listen to like YouMail. I think its a great feature that I miss from my iPhone. I used YouMail for a day and found it to be pretty bloated and awful.
    08-21-09 05:44 PM
    with the new released OS and VVM, you can save the voicemails to your device or a memory card and you can also send them via email or MMS.
    08-21-09 06:14 PM
    with the new released OS and VVM, you can save the voicemails to your device or a memory card and you can also send them via email or MMS.
    Yeah, I do like that. That's how it's working right now for me. However I also get a text message with each new voicemail with nothing in it that looks like it comes from the first entry in my phone book. I know it's not a text message from that number because it's the local 84 Lumber store.
    08-21-09 06:19 PM
    I guess we'll have to wait until the 25th to see.
    08-21-09 06:21 PM
    Yes with this release you will be able to switch manually between 2 and 3G.

I can switch from 2g to 3g and have an option for 2gand3g together running .167
    08-21-09 06:58 PM
    I can switch from 2g to 3g and have an option for 2gand3g together running .167
    Do you have an at&t branded phone (and possibly running on at&t)? Other carriers/branded devices won't see this at&t imposed limit.

08-21-09 07:29 PM
    It says OTA update available.. I don't see a wireless update option under advance on my settings? what am I supposed to do, I have never updated a OS on DM I am a noob to that, and I don't want to mess up lol. Also will this delete all my BBM contacts?
    08-21-09 07:50 PM
    It says OTA update available.. I don't see a wireless update option under advance on my settings? what am I supposed to do, I have never updated a OS on DM I am a noob to that, and I don't want to mess up lol. Also will this delete all my BBM contacts?
    Errr.... As its been posted all thru this thread-- it doesn't drop till the 25th. So be patient, my friend.
    08-21-09 08:18 PM
    Alright, so I just got VVM loaded back on my .266 Bold, and it's working. I left myself a message, and it gets downloaded to the VVM app on the BB.

I thought VVM was just what it says... "visual". I thought it was supposed to send me what the person said in a text message or something like that. Is it not??

If it does NOT send me what the person said in a message somehow that I can read on my screen, I don't see how this is a big deal when YouMail has been doing this for free ever since I've had my Bold. Not to mention YouMail has smart greetings, and you can get the voicemail sent to you via email to store as WAV files, etc.

If I'm wrong, and it is supposed to send you what the person said in a message, please let me know.
    No, you're not wrong, and perhaps "visual" voice mail is a bit of a misnomer -- although you can see who has left you voice mail, how long it is, etc. -- but whatever they call it, you realize that this is the way voicemail should be. It should arrive on your phone like email or a text. You shouldn't have to call some number to listen to it. That is like only being able to read your email by using your browser to go look at it.

08-21-09 08:19 PM
    Do you have an at&t branded phone (and possibly running on at&t)? Other carriers/branded devices won't see this at&t imposed limit.

Got directly from RIM
    08-21-09 08:23 PM
    I spent 1 hour on the phone with Premier Support trying to get VVM set up. The CSR look at everything and he was unable to set up my VVM. He did say that it is going to be released on the 25th. I want it now, I do not want to wait till the 25th. He even emailed me the instruction on setting it up but the link did not work for him. I wish I could have it now, I guess I will have to wait.

The good news is at least I got my Bold unlocked!!!
    08-21-09 08:55 PM
    Errr.... As its been posted all thru this thread-- it doesn't drop till the 25th. So be patient, my friend.
    Oh I totally understand that I was just wondering is there supposed to be a Wireless Update option under Advanced Options in settings now? Or when the 25th rolls around will we batt pull and a new update will show up or something?

Sorry for the confusion
    08-21-09 09:59 PM
425 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD