just got the feature added. called and said i needed feature code BBVV added. i'm running .266
    08-22-09 06:21 PM
    verizon charges $3 a month for this feature i think
    08-22-09 06:27 PM
    Good question. I would assume since the BBM files are in the OS and 5.0 is leaked, that it would revert us back. Or if you have the BBM 5.0 files on your computer, you can just load them into the OS before installing! Just my 2 cents!

I figured you could just do a reinstall but dang, it is running so smooth now I feel that something will go wrong after. Even hesitant to upgrade to OS .297 because of this.
    08-22-09 06:37 PM
    the new os will come with vvm tho, right? all this is just for people that want it now?
    08-22-09 09:21 PM
    Its free on the iPhone, why would you charge it on the BB ?

Wait its AT&T, they can do what they like..

My ATT rep (and we are a big acct) told me data charges only under your normal plan. But we are corp.
    08-22-09 09:43 PM
    in your opinion. its way better than 266 for me, which would reboot the moment i listened to any online station using aac+.

My 8G card scans almost instantly. (earlier betas used to take a long time and have missing files.. i solved this by deleting all of the .dat files on the card. Rebooting rebuilt them and everything has been fine since).
    Where were you before I downgraded? lol

I'm also wondering how you figured that out. Oh, well, at least I'll know what to do when the problem presents itself with this new .297. Which, given what you said, I would bet would happen with any OS from .282 on up. Ninety-five percent of the bbthumbs.dat files on my card were created with .167.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 10:54 PM
    Called att today and got it on my phone working. The onl thing is that not many csr know the feature is already on the bold
    08-23-09 09:04 AM
    Can some of you refrain from posting internal only documents, thanks.
    Last edited by scotts11; 08-23-09 at 09:13 AM.
    08-23-09 09:09 AM
    I don't suggest updating via OTA. Its just not the same as a full update via computer.

Thanks for mentioning this. I'm on vacation ATM and was planning to get this update OTA. Now ill just wait until I get home.

08-23-09 09:20 AM
    I don't want the big deal regarding VVM.. The iPhone has had it for 2 years now.
    08-23-09 10:13 AM
    I don't want the big deal regarding VVM.. The iPhone has had it for 2 years now.
    The big deal is that now it will be available for the Bold
    08-23-09 10:30 AM
    i just tried calling and the rep told me i had to wait till the 25th. can i go into a att store and have them add it in? let me know
    08-23-09 10:36 AM
    Called att today and got it on my phone working. The onl thing is that not many csr know the feature is already on the bold
    This may be a silly question, but - when I upgraded my OS to .282 I inherited the Visual Voicemail thingy. What exactly is Visual Voicemail and why is it so desired?

Peace...

08-23-09 10:37 AM
    This may be a silly question, but - when I upgraded my OS to .282 I inherited the Visual Voicemail thingy. What exactly is Visual Voicemail and why is it so desired?

Peace...

It displays your voicemails individually similar to messages where you can select the one by one and listen to them rather than calling in blindly to your voicemail. Let's you pick and choose what you want to hear
    08-23-09 10:39 AM
    i just tried calling and the rep told me i had to wait till the 25th. can i go into a att store and have them add it in? let me know
    As with every other issue, it all depends on which CSR you get. Some don't know and don't want to bother finding out. Others can hook you up now if they're in the right mood
    08-23-09 10:40 AM
    he put me on hold it was guy csr,and looked into and told me had to wait
    08-23-09 10:48 AM
    he put me on hold it was guy csr,and looked into and told me had to wait
    Sorry to hear that

Oh well Tuesday will be here before you know it
    08-23-09 10:50 AM
    As with every other issue, it all depends on which CSR you get. Some don't know and don't want to bother finding out. Others can hook you up now if they're in the right mood
    Every CSR I've spoken with in the past 4 days, some very cooperative and willing, has told me it isn't in their system. I've asked for VVM, feature code BBVV, everything. I don't know if it's a matter of chance, or what.

Of course, at this point, with two days to go, it's purely a challenge; like many other computer issues, it has become a mission without a true need or cause.

Besides, I hardly ever get any calls on my BB, and when I do, I answer them, so why do I need VVM? :-)
    08-23-09 10:59 AM
    I got lucky with my csr, I called yesterday and while I was on hold for quite a while he did figure out how to provision it. Very cool btw.
    08-23-09 12:02 PM
    looking forward to this one as well!
    08-23-09 12:12 PM
    The difference between the iPhone VVM and the Bold's is that you can save your VM to your device or an SD card as well as forward them via email or MMS.
    08-23-09 12:12 PM
    What kind of things that are already set on my Bold will be affected with the release? When I had my Curve and updated the OS from AT&T, I had to reset some settings.
    08-23-09 12:16 PM
    ok so once we get the updated os tues..do we need to call csr to provision vvm or can we activate it and set it up thru the phone?
    08-23-09 01:36 PM
    Every CSR I've spoken with in the past 4 days, some very cooperative and willing, has told me it isn't in their system. I've asked for VVM, feature code BBVV, everything. I don't know if it's a matter of chance, or what.

Of course, at this point, with two days to go, it's purely a challenge; like many other computer issues, it has become a mission without a true need or cause.

Besides, I hardly ever get any calls on my BB, and when I do, I answer them, so why do I need VVM? :-)
    Yea, when I called, the rep said he couldn't find the feature code to provision it. Dah well.
    08-23-09 01:39 PM
    vvm on blackberries, almost a year after verizon did it....which was almost a year after the iphone launched it.

so two years lag time isn't bad i guess , go go ATT R&D!!
    08-23-09 01:41 PM
425 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD