06-28-09 04:43 PM
58 123
tools
    EDITED: I'm now thinking of building what I had posted so wanted to delete this for now. Thanks
    Last edited by Mosbb; 12-23-08 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Wanted too.
    12-22-08 07:14 PM
    Need to see better pictures of the back cover, how much additional bulging it adds and how long does a 3000mah battery last?
    12-22-08 08:22 PM
    I will take better pictures once I have done a second battery cover. Just remember that the finish product will be a plastic cover not what I have done. I just had to do it this way to get an idea of how I want the plastic cover done. That 3000mah setup lasts twice as much as the 1500mah battery. Today I use the bold 3 hours straight. Listened to mp3s, surfed the web, streamed music with wifi, sent and receieved emails and text messages, and more. The battery went down ONE notch from the top of the battery. The battery icon on the bold has from what I can see 6 notches, I have 5 more to go!
    12-22-08 08:42 PM
    How is the charge time affected as well as the amp draw across the charger cable?
    12-22-08 09:32 PM
    Edited As Well.....
    Last edited by Mosbb; 12-23-08 at 05:34 PM.
    12-22-08 10:13 PM
    Your idea is NICE! It will, however, add to (already heavy) thickness and weight of the Bold. Seemingly there are other ways to add extra powder, carry a backup battery in your pocket, or use a backup battery like the new Ultrabattery that has up to three times storage capacity of an on board battery.
    12-22-08 10:19 PM
    Again I would like to see the quality of the cover you create but definitely interested.
    12-22-08 10:21 PM
    I would prob go for it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 10:21 PM
    Your idea is NICE! It will, however, add to (already heavy) thickness and weight of the Bold. Seemingly there are other ways to add extra powder, carry a backup battery in your pocket, or use a backup battery like the new Ultrabattery that has up to three times storage capacity of an on board battery.
    Thanks! If you have another battery and if you strip the plastic cover of that battery, than add it to the 2nd battery, you think that will make it that much heavier and bulkier than stock? I'm sorry but you are wrong, you need to see it to believe that it does NOT add that much weight or bulk at all. I'm aiming for those that do not want to carry anything extra around to get more battery life. I personally do not like doing that, I would rather go with a nokia e71 if I had to do that. I'm glad I did this because I really like the bold.
    12-22-08 11:09 PM
    Again I would like to see the quality of the cover you create but definitely interested.
    The quality will be just as good as the original minus the vinyl covering (and yes its some kind of vinyl). I will not be the one actually doing it. I will be hiring an american plastic mold company to do them for me. They have been doing this sort of thing for years. Its a pricey investment and that's why I want to first see if there is an interest. I might also offer different colors with high gloss finish for those interested.
    12-22-08 11:19 PM
    >>>Thanks! If you have another battery and if you strip the plastic cover of that battery, than add it to the 2nd battery, you think that will make it that much heavier and bulkier than stock?

So, you are removing the protective covering on two batteries and putting them together. Is there risk of a fire hazard?
    Two batteries weigh twice as much as one battery +or- the plastic covering. And, it will also be thicker then the original otherwise you would be able to use the original cover.

I seem to remember that there is a new battery coming out in a couple of week: Seidio 3500mAh Extended Battery with Door. Why is yours an improvement over this one?
    12-22-08 11:30 PM
    uh just go buy the seidio ext batt...problem solved
    12-23-08 12:31 AM
    Not to knock on siedio but have you seen the size it makes the bold? I don't think I'm making myself clear if you compare my way to siedio. I'm offering a LONG battery life with hardly any BULK. Why is this hard to understand. I'm not about to offer you a bold twice its size. With my product you can still slide the bold AND the 3000mah setup in the original leather hip case that came with the bold. Can you do that with the siedio? No, you cannot. Do you see what I mean now? Lots of battery power with no Bulk, still use the standard hip case that came with the bold. That's how slim it is. There is nothing out in the market that offers this. I would like to do just that. Slim with lots of power. Which reminds me, I need a name for this product, what should I name it, any ideas?
    12-23-08 01:42 AM
    uh...i still rather buy and deal with the bulkiness of a seidio battery than unwrapping two stock batteries and putting them together. Good effort though
    12-23-08 03:18 AM
    I think that your effort was great and I'm glad that you are happy with the results but on my own opinion I wouldn't be interested because its an aditional cost to spend whereas when I purchased the bold it came with all I need to charge it whether its from my laptop, work computer, home, or any wall socket. Most people are never far from a charging location and to save X amount of $ vs the hassle of having a charger supplied with my bold nearby.. I'd rather save the $$.

I also think it'll be tough to get 1500-2000 people confirming an order.
    -Rik
    P.s. best of luck though. It'll fit some people's lifestyles I"m sure.
    12-23-08 03:19 AM
    uh...i still rather buy and deal with the bulkiness of a seidio battery than unwrapping two stock batteries and putting them together. Good effort though
    YOU dont have to do it, I will be sending the whole package. All YOU have to do is insert the battery like normal, put on the new slim battery cover and be ready to say wow this is nice.
    12-23-08 02:08 PM
    sounds cool, but i wouldn't want a homemade battery bomb near my face...
    12-23-08 02:14 PM
    I think that your effort was great and I'm glad that you are happy with the results but on my own opinion I wouldn't be interested because its an aditional cost to spend whereas when I purchased the bold it came with all I need to charge it whether its from my laptop, work computer, home, or any wall socket. Most people are never far from a charging location and to save X amount of $ vs the hassle of having a charger supplied with my bold nearby.. I'd rather save the $$.

I also think it'll be tough to get 1500-2000 people confirming an order.
    -Rik
    P.s. best of luck though. It'll fit some people's lifestyles I"m sure.
    Yes, but there's also alot of people who DO mind having to worry where to charge and having to take the power/usb cord with them everywhere. These are the ones I'm offering these solution. And I'm not expecting 2000 people to confirm an order. I simply want to know who might be interested,thats all.

If ONE person says "this is great, I won't mind buying this" the odds are there are many more that will think like he does. Just like with you, you see no point to have this and rather save money. There will be many other people who think like you do. So for every positive post or comment I get on this the chances are that people will like this product. So far most of the posts have been great (thanks guys). The only thing I need to do now is post better pictures. But I'm trying to make it clear that no matter what I do regarding the looks of the battery cover, that is not what I will be selling.

The final cover will be plastic just like the oem but without the pleather. But I can't show that cause it has to be made. I would have to pay for the tooling and than they will run samples.........

So all I'm trying to show now with the cover I have made is how slim it will be having 3000mah battery power. If people like the SLIMNESS (not the looks) than it will go into production. Hope this makes more sense.
    Last edited by Mosbb; 12-23-08 at 02:25 PM.
    12-23-08 02:22 PM
    sounds cool, but i wouldn't want a homemade battery bomb near my face...
    I definitely want another battery. However, my concerns are the same as benz.
    12-23-08 03:39 PM
    i would worry about a battery wired up by a person, no offence, but i trust robots.... they are more precise.
    12-23-08 03:43 PM
    12-23-08 04:00 PM
    Thats a legit concern and dont blame you guys. I can only say I have never had any problems doing this. The worse than can happen is for one of the wires that was soldered come apart and the battery not charge. Buy I have all that taken care of with plenty of protection so that does not happen. Its really not that complicated if you know what you are doing.
    12-23-08 05:32 PM
    buy liability insurance
    12-23-08 07:34 PM
    if the price is reasonable and it works as claimed, i'd love to buy it!!!
    12-23-08 09:56 PM
    i think if i HAD to buy another battery, it would be this one

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=sE9D_3uv
    12-23-08 10:16 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD