So here's the dealeo fellow Crackheads.....

I downloaded and installed the .282 OS just to switch from 3G to 2G and extend my battery life. Not only does it have a much longer life, it also seems to run a little faster.

But, something else I've noticed is that when I "manage connections" and turn my Wi-Fi on, it recognizes my router (named "Eat my shorts".....Love to mess with the neighbors!) but there isn't a green check mark after it like there used to be. now, it only shows the network name and a white dash (-).

What gives?

The Mobile Network and Bluetooth do have the green check, but not Wi-Fi. I thought maybe it wouldn't work in 2G, so I switched it back to 3G and had the same results.

Anyone have any ideas?

-J-

btw....I've also noticed that not all emails open html/images. Maybe because its not an official at&t release?!
    07-07-09 08:35 PM
    Have you sent service books from BIS? That might solve your problem.
    07-07-09 08:36 PM
    And/Or delete the wifi profile and re-do it again on your bold, also make sure the router encryption is WPA or WPA-PSK as the bold HATES anything lower.

I never had any issues with any OS to date including .282
    07-07-09 09:18 PM
    And/Or delete the wifi profile and re-do it again on your bold, also make sure the router encryption is WPA or WPA-PSK as the bold HATES anything lower.

I never had any issues with any OS to date including .282

Did the delete and re-do option twice already. No joy. Also........I've jumped on "open" Wi-Fi at airports and WEP security at bars everywhere and it has NEVER been a problem.

I'm on my fifth Berry in 6 years and even though I've only posted here 10 times, I'm pretty darn good at solving problems.

Gotta be something else......

-J-
    07-07-09 09:40 PM
    What are the wifi profile settings? Auto IP/DNS I assume?
    07-07-09 11:14 PM
    What are the wifi profile settings? Auto IP/DNS I assume?
    Yeah...Checked and double checked all that crap. Gotta be something simple right in front of my eyes.

Maybe...If its like a car.....I should look for a loose ground wire!?

-J-
    07-07-09 11:49 PM
    Might be the router. Have you rebooted the router yet? Tested on a different router?
    07-08-09 12:05 AM
    And did you send service books????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 12:58 AM
    my 3-day old bold is seeing 5mb with apps such as viigo, vlingo, google maps, flixter, buzzme and ace email viewer. i upgraded to .282 this morning and do a battery pull after installing the software and i'm happy to report that i'm seeing 54mb now, the lowest is at 47mb.
    07-08-09 01:24 AM
    I made a thread about this a while ago.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bol...issues-260164/

You will have to back up your Berry, 3rd party apps and all, do a complete wipe of your device.

Once you wipe the device, you should see that the the wiped version has the wifi icon working on .282, and from there, just restore your phone using DM.
    07-08-09 01:31 AM
    fabuloso...Thanks for the link!

I did, somewhat figure it out last night. I actually entered the MAC address of my Berry into the router and KAPOW! it worked. I disabled that feature (so I did not have enter every address of every computer in the house) re-booted everything and now it all works!

Thanks all for your ideas...Once again, it never amazes me on the depth of knowledge you can get from here!

-J-
    07-08-09 01:43 PM
    Try reinstalling the os with all your connections turned off. I remember I had the same problem as you but I did that and it fixed everything. But other than that .282 is the best os I had beside .247

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD