So I just called the Verizon store to see if they were selling any of the Bolds yet, seeing as people were getting lucky and being able to get theirs early. Got the usual answer, BUT! The sales associate told me the BOGO was only available online and not in stores. I told her that my dad and I (who want to do the BOGO together) have some issues that need to be worked out in the store but insist on having the BOGO deal and they said if we come in today they would work out the in-store issues and then order our phones for us online IN THE STORE and we'd still get the one day free shipping and the BOGO deal.

So in case anyone was wondering, that's what I've been told so far. Who knows if this is really going to be the case once the phone is actually released in stores but I don't want to take the chance of missing out on a free phone so I will be taking the offer while I can get it. Espcially if they are willing to do all of this in-store work for us. So hopefully, tomorrow I will be a new Bold owner!
    06-07-10 09:50 AM
    Verizon is now offering BOGO on the Bold online and in the stores...found out after I got mine last week. Called Verizon, and CSR agreed to send me out another Bold for free under the terms of the BOGO offer. Now my wife and I both have the Bolds!
    06-10-10 10:21 AM
    Alright! Yeah my dad and I went in to the store the other day and spoke with customer service. They were very hesitant to even talk about the phone but the one woman said the BOGO wouldn't be offered in stores and then another customer service guy we spoke with said it WILL be. We asked for his name and said we were gonna hold him to it because that's the reason we're not ordering online, haha!

So RIGHT NOW, we're going in to go get our new Bolds!! So excited!
    06-10-10 10:24 AM
    Alright! Yeah my dad and I went in to the store the other day and spoke with customer service. They were very hesitant to even talk about the phone but the one woman said the BOGO wouldn't be offered in stores and then another customer service guy we spoke with said it WILL be. We asked for his name and said we were gonna hold him to it because that's the reason we're not ordering online, haha!

So RIGHT NOW, we're going in to go get our new Bolds!! So excited!
    Congrats!!!! BOGO FTW!!!!!
    06-10-10 10:37 AM
    Is anyone able to do the BOGO on an upgradeable line not on your account?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-10-10 01:36 PM

From what they told me in the store, you have to do the BOGO on the same account. I understand why you have to activate the 2 year contract, but to me it just doens't make sense why it has to be on the same account. Verizon's gonna get two phones, both on two year contracts either way.
    06-10-10 01:43 PM

I don't think that you can do that...
    06-10-10 01:44 PM
    From what they told me in the store, you have to do the BOGO on the same account. I understand why you have to activate the 2 year contract, but to me it just doens't make sense why it has to be on the same account. Verizon's gonna get two phones, both on two year contracts either way.
    Although I agree with you, I can see why they would do that...
    06-10-10 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD