i have the bb bold 9000 and currently with at&t.
    i've already tried to search for a thread with my question here on crackberry but couldnt find any.

so here's the situation:
    i can see the other device on my bold and the other device can see my phone but as soon as i start sending or recving it, it fails!

i tried pairing it with the other device but it does the same thing.
    then i tried restarting the phones, because that was what we used to do when we had trouble with the bluetooth connections, and it still wont work.

anybody here know what's going on or what i can do to fix this.
    thanks guys!
    06-30-09 01:35 PM
    I have found that issue aas well - never use bluetooth enough to bother findiong the result but I also tried all the same steos you have
    06-30-09 01:36 PM
    Same problem here. It works great with my bleutooth headset but when tying to transfer files it always fails. But like you said ^^ don't use it enough to let it bother me
    06-30-09 01:40 PM
    You need to make sure that the phone/person receiving the file has a media folder open (pictures/videos/etc...). Then have them (while in the folder) hit the "Menu" button then choose "Receive Using Bluetooth".

This should work.
    06-30-09 01:54 PM
    will try then when sendiong via bluetooth
    06-30-09 04:16 PM
    I was having the same troubles, the only way I got It to work was to buy an app called bluetooth file sharing. For some reason I think that the internal bluetooth only allows you to pair up with devices, but transfer files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 04:36 PM
    You need to make sure that the phone/person receiving the file has a media folder open (pictures/videos/etc...). Then have them (while in the folder) hit the "Menu" button then choose "Receive Using Bluetooth".

This should work.
    did that it still doesnt work.
    06-30-09 05:31 PM
    it keeps on saying 100% then "Failed To Find Service"
    06-30-09 05:31 PM
    it keeps on saying 100% then "Failed To Find Service"
    Open up your Bluetooth options. Make sure all the options are "checked". You also have to make sure that the person who will be receiving the file has chosen the folder they want, hit the "Menu" button and select "Receive Using Bluetooth" before you begin sending your file.
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 06-30-09 at 06:19 PM.
    06-30-09 06:15 PM

This should work.
    Finally, someone posted a clear solution to receive files using bluetooth.

The trick is to open the folder and then the menu key.

I have been searching for an answer for weeks.
    06-30-09 09:22 PM
    i have the bb bold 9000 and currently with at&t.
    i've already tried to search for a thread with my question here on crackberry but couldnt find any.

so here's the situation:
    i can see the other device on my bold and the other device can see my phone but as soon as i start sending or recving it, it fails!

i tried pairing it with the other device but it does the same thing.
    then i tried restarting the phones, because that was what we used to do when we had trouble with the bluetooth connections, and it still wont work.

anybody here know what's going on or what i can do to fix this.
    thanks guys!
    there is an option to "start receiving file from Bluetooth"

goes to menu ==> media ==> ring tones ==> menu ==> receive using bluetooth

and walah it is working now, however you need to bind it first with the other device
    06-30-09 09:32 PM
    one thing to note is that it takes a while (over 5 minutes) to send a song via bluetooth. i got so fed up i grabbed the other phone, plugged it into my system and just did the transfer to the other memory card. BUT, it's good to know it's there to use in the future.
    06-30-09 09:32 PM
    kk. problem fixed. thanks everyone for being so helpful.

sorry i got a bit confused.

but thanks! ill be sure to teach this to my customers.
    07-01-09 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD