I'm trying to sync my phone with the desktop manager via bluetooth but it's not working. I can connect my blackberry to the computer but when I try to use the desktop manager it gives me an error which reads "Blackberry Desktop Software can not communicate with the connected device. If the device is rebooting or has a dead battery click retry to attempt to reconnect once the device reboots. If clicking retry doesn't..."

I can connect it to my computer and the software knows it's connected but it can't sync. I followed all the steps in the how sync via bluetooth guide.

Please help.

Thanks
    06-29-11 05:16 PM
    What Operating System version is on the computer?
    What device OS version is on the BlackBerry?
    06-29-11 06:22 PM
    I'm running Windows 7. v5.0.0.732 (bundle 1242, Platform 4.2.0.334)
    06-30-11 06:37 AM
    Do you have the correct Bluetooth drivers installed on the computer?

Have you tried it on a different computer? With a different computer OS version?
    06-30-11 10:53 AM
    Well I didn't install any bluetooth drivers on my computer but I do have the bluetooth icon on my sys tray so I assume HP did. I haven't tried it on another computer because I only own one and I don't want all my contacts and personal information on someone elses computer.
    06-30-11 12:41 PM
    You probably have incompatible drivers. Windows 7 has issues with that.

Just connect with the USB cable and sync that way.
    06-30-11 08:07 PM
    So I updated the software on my BB and now I can sync with the computer via bluetooth except I can't sync media. I'd really prefer to sync via bluetooth because I could set it to do it automatically once a day and I wouldn't have to worry about it. Just walk in and put the phone near my laptop.
    06-30-11 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD