I did an update on my Bold 9900 to .540 and encountered some annoying issues regarding the bluetooth connection to my bluetooth stereo headsets.

The bluetooth connection is not stable and the bold drops the connection after 5-10 minutes of idle/standby.

And when i try to play music again after the idle/standby time, music is very skippy, you hear a sound every 2 seconds only. so i have to restart my bluetooth headset again or do a voice dial on my bold 9900 then cancel it to fix the issue.

Are any of you encountering this problem??? Please let me know so that i can determine the problem here.

Bluetooth Headsets that are used on my bb bold 9900 are:
    -Jaybird Freedom bluetooth stereo headset
    -Nokia BH 503
    -Jabra BT 8040

Also, i suspect that bluetooth range for BOLD 9900 is weaker than it's predecessor.
    11-25-11 08:29 AM
    Same issue here. Toyota issued Fujitsu Navigation System keep crashing on Bluetooth. I used to listen to music via Bluetooth with my Bold 9700 in my car no problem. But now with the Bold 9900, the connection suddenly dropped. I asked this question here before and no on answered me... Is there way to fix this? Once in a while music skips too

Please don't think that I am hijacking your thread.... I have the exact same issues as you do and I am on a different OS version (Telus stock). I don't think that this issues has anything to do with the OS. It looks like a hardware problem. I also noticed that my contact list is NOT pulled in to the navigation system memory like it used to do with 9700. I have all .the settings right and even get a confirmation when connected that A/V Controls, Buletooth Handset Control, Contact List load are all connected.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 11-25-11 at 09:08 AM.
    11-25-11 09:06 AM
    Yes, we certainly do have a similar issue, all are same but the devices we connect to but still it's a same issue at hand. are we the only two people in the world that has this problem??? if so, that sucks big time!

one person replied to this post earlier and said that we should reset all the settings on our bluetooth devices (un pair and clear settings and profiles) and do that same on our bold 9900. The problem is, i already did all that and still the same problem arises.
    11-25-11 10:48 AM
    there is a new update on the BOLD 9900 os, this new one comes with wifi tethering, i hope they can fix my bluetooth problems too
    11-25-11 11:14 AM
    Yes, we certainly do have a similar issue, all are same but the devices we connect to but still it's a same issue at hand. are we the only two people in the world that has this problem??? if so, that sucks big time!

one person replied to this post earlier and said that we should reset all the settings on our bluetooth devices (un pair and clear settings and profiles) and do that same on our bold 9900. The problem is, i already did all that and still the same problem arises.
    I have the same issue with my 9850 since the last OS update. Bluetooth music fades in and out, and if using the fm tramsitter, it drops connection. Already tried deleting and reinstalling profiles several times, battery pulls, everything.
    01-11-12 07:55 PM
    Yes, this has been happening also on my bold 9900 with my bluetooth wireless headset. I just recently updated OS. Has any one found a fix for this pain in the problem yet?
    Also, I have deleted all prior setting and still the same problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by slpayton01; 01-23-12 at 11:55 PM.
    01-23-12 11:53 PM
    Used .540 and never had any bluetooth issues.
    01-23-12 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD