Hey all,

I have a 9900 with OS 7.1 Buldne 2435 (v7.1.0.862). I also have a Bose Bt2. When I first paired them, the combination worked great. However, all of a sudden, the two devices pair and I'm able to communicate over the bluetooth headset, but the buttons don't do work properly. If I the phone is ringing and I hit the "call" button, it used to pick up the call, but now it just does nothing. If I then pick up the call using the handset the audio routs to my headset, but if i click the "call" button again, it puts the call on hold (it used to, and is supposed to, hang up). If I am not in a conversation and I double click the call button, it does nothing (used to redial the last number). I can't figure out what has changed since it stopped working. I did try to test the headset on a Samsung Galaxy S3, and all the buttons work correctly there, so I am assuming it is something with the phone.

Any ideas? Anyone else start seeing this behavior with their bluetooth headset?

Thanks
    Carl
    09-20-13 01:04 PM
    Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 01:04 PM
    When did it last work?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-20-13 03:39 PM
    I first noticed the problem a couple of weeks ago--wasn't really paying attention because it thought it was a one time glitch, and then i travelled a bit without my bluetooth headset, so I'm not sure the exact date.
    09-20-13 03:44 PM
    Im seeing other more serious weirdness, but also the connect button (only one) is not doing what its supposed to be doing with my Bluetooth headsets.

A Jabra Jawbone randomly disconnects during calls, but the 9930 does not always switch back to the handset, leaving the BB in limbo until disconnecting the call. While the BB is in limbo, pressing the connect button on the Jawbone results in a beep similar to when its connected, but does nothing. Double-pressing the connect button does nothing (regardless of the BBs state). After disconnecting a failed call, the Jawbone will not reconnect manually. Connect button does nothing, and forcing a connect through the BB network options always fails. Power-cycling the headset does nothing, and rebooting the BB is never an option.

My Samsung HM1100 also randomly disconnects but less frequently than the Jawbone. Double-click on connect again does nothing.

I had not used my Plantronics 855 since upgrading the 9930 firmware, so just powered it up. Double-click on the connect button does redial, but it just bypassed my voicemail login, so thats not working correctly either. The start-stop and volume up-down buttons are working ok with the media player, and volume up-down is working ok with the phone. I dont think the Start-stop was ever intended to work with the phone app, and the result is a no-connect tone. The A2DP profile appears to be working. Ill try running music through the 855 until the battery runs down, typically about 2 or 3 hours, and see if I get random disconnects.

BTW, during all of this, I had no other Bluetooth devices that were competing for connections (been there and done that . Deleting the device and pairing again does nothing special, hasnt prevented random disconnects.
    09-20-13 05:58 PM
    Have you tried performing a device software reload (loader.exe /nojvm) and restored data using blackberry protect? I suggest doing a custom backup excluding all but the following as quoted, then try the pairing again. Backup using desktop manager, use custom (click the tab).

Addressbook - All
    Address book Options
    Alarms
    Attachment Options
    Autotext Data Version
    BBGroups (aka BBM Groups)
    BIS acccount data (saves from re-adding e-mail addresses)
    BlackBerry Bridge (only for Playbook tablet)
    BlackBerry Messenger
    Bluetooth options (skip for clean state)
    Browser Bookmarks
    Browser Folders (safe to skip if you don't understand what they are)
    Browser Options (skip for clean state)
    Browser Push options
    Calendar - all (skip unless you use all the time)
    Calendar Options (skip for clean state)
    Camera Options
    Clock Options
    Device analyzer options
    Diagnostic App options
    Enhanced GMail plugin (skip if you don't use gmail, or don't need it at all)
    Full-Predictive Options (basically direct or predictive keyboard settings)
    HTML email options
    Icon arrangement (for home screen, app folders)
    Input method switcher options
    Input system properties
    Key store options
    Keystoremanager
    Mailbox icon management
    Map global options
    Map locations
    Map settings
    Maps
    Memopad options
    Memos (memopad)
    Message list options
    Messages (only if you have an @carrier.blackberry.com e-mail address you depend on)
    Messenger options (google, wlm, yahoo, etc. Used for IM apps)
    MMS options
    Mobile Network Options
    Mobile Hotspot Options (OS 7.1 blackberry's only, leave unchecked if you configure it after OS update yourself, as I do)
    NFC options (for NFC devices only)
    Options (obviously what this is for, leave unchecked for factory defaults)
    Phone Options
    Phone Call logs (skip if not a necessity)
    Predictive Multitap options
    Profiles options
    Recent contacts (e-mail autocomplete, safe to skip this)
    Search options (universal search)
    Service book (skip since your carrier resends them each time an update is done, only keep if absolutely needed)
    Shortcut settings
    SMS messages (only if you absolutely need these)
    Sounds (sound profiles)
    Spell check options
    Spellcheckable options
    Suretype options
    Tasks, Tasks Options (skip unless you use that app)
    TCP/IP (APN)
    TLS options
    Theme Settings
    VideoRecorder options (Video Camera app)
    WLAN profiles (Wifi)
    Voice Activated Dialing options (only if you use this)
    09-20-13 06:08 PM
    Correction, Plantronics Voyager 855 is also in trouble. After about an hour of streaming music (some from the device, some over the internet), the headset disconnected with a disconnect beep. Then a few seconds later it reconnected but media player had stopped. Restarted the media player and Wi-Fi disconnected and reconnected (about 10' from the router). None of my Bluetooth headsets are working correctly with this firmware.
    09-20-13 07:44 PM
    Have you UNpaired or deleted the pairing and tried reestablishing the bt connection between the devices?
    09-22-13 12:17 AM
    I unpaired and deleted the headphone on the blackberry and cleared all devices from the headset, but still no luck. I noticed another symptom: when I picked up (had to do it with the phone button), it would prompt me to choose whether to continue on the headset or route to handheld.

Traveler20 - do you still see the problem? If you do, maybe you should try to play Pandora for a few min

However, a couple of days later, the problem has inexplicably gone away, and my headset works fine. Nothing has changed as far as I know--the firmware is still the same version. The only thing I recall doing differently since I saw the problem was listening to Pandora with a pair or wired headphones yesterday. That's a long shot, but I've seen Pandora do some strange stuff on the blackberry.
    09-24-13 10:04 AM