Hi gang,

I have been trying to connect to my laptop via bluetooth, and connect and all, but get this message whenever I try to send or receive a file;
    The file transfer failed because the receiving Bluetooth computer or device did not respond.

If you sent the file to another computer, that computer must be running the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard. If you sent the file to a Bluetooth device, make sure the OBEX File Push Profile is installed.

WTF is wrong? I can play music through my laptop brom the bold, but cant send or receive.

Please help guys. I know you can, and I am asking the best out there.

Thanks
    M
    01-28-09 07:49 PM
    Did you select "Receive Using Bluetooth" on your phone?
    01-28-09 08:09 PM
    when i click on the file "send using bluetooth", it shows "blackberry 9000" I select it, and nothing... Nothing even shows on my bold...
    So I cant even select "receive using bluetooth"

Weird ****
    01-28-09 08:14 PM
    You have to click receive using bt on ur bb 1st then right click on file send using bt, u may have to put the file in ur bt exchange folder 1st for the transfer to work. With my bt dongle and bt stack software, I have a bt exchange folder in my documents. if the files are not in there and sent from there the transfer fails with error message same as yours. Also you can only send 1 file at a time will not send multiple files. Last thing u need to make sure you have updated your bt stack/software that is installed on your comp it may not presently support file transfer, it will say what drivers are installed and what it supports example(a/v remote control, stereo audio, headset/handsfree, desktop connectivity, wireless bypass, data transfer etc.) these are different drivers that need to be installed on computer and configured for them to work with your berry and bt dongle. It sounds to me that you either have not configured the data transfer and or others that I put as examples or you need to put files in exchange folder prior to transfer. I would look for bt exchange folder or something similar first and if that doesn't work try to configure you bt dongle to support what you would like it to do for your needs. I use a usb dongle that is at least 3 yrs old, after i updated the software and configured it, which I found online I am able to pretty much do what ever I want. (answer my cell phone thru my computer, transfer files, listen to music etc. etc. PM if you have any issues after you read this and I will help you get it working. What bt dongle are you using currently also what is the computer and os you are using.
    Last edited by johnsmohr111; 01-28-09 at 08:50 PM.
    01-28-09 08:36 PM
    when i click on the file "send using bluetooth", it shows "blackberry 9000" I select it, and nothing... Nothing even shows on my bold...
    So I cant even select "receive using bluetooth"

Weird ****
    OK. It is a strange way to receive a file...but go to media file
    click menu>receive using bluetooth> then click send using the Bluetooth file transfer wizard if you have XP....this works even if you are send a data file not a media file.

I found it strange that you have to activate the OBEX via the media files.

05-26-09 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD