Is there any way to block text messages from one person. I added the call blocker pro, but it only blocks calls not text. UGH Thanks for any help!
    03-29-10 11:06 PM
    Is there any way to block text messages from one person. I added the call blocker pro, but it only blocks calls not text. UGH Thanks for any help!
    Use your Firewall feature from your BB.

Options/Security Options/Firewall, enable firewall and check boxes accordingly.
    03-29-10 11:10 PM
    Does that block all of them or just one person?
    03-29-10 11:12 PM
    Does that block all of them or just one person?

You should be able to make it to block a person not in your contact list. So if you remove that person from your contact list, then it will work.
    03-29-10 11:38 PM
    Just remember that will block everyone but who's on your contact list. If a "non-annoying" person attempts to send you an SMS, it will also get blocked along with "annoying" person

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 03:43 AM
    anyway to read the blocked texts?
    03-30-10 09:40 AM
    I never want to read text from the blocked person.
    04-01-10 02:32 AM
    lol true, altho it was disabled, but sms was checked so it still blocked 12 messages that i wanna read
    04-02-10 12:40 PM
    lol true, altho it was disabled, but sms was checked so it still blocked 12 messages that i wanna read
    What is the point of blocking if you want to read the messages? Isn't that sorta like working against the effort?
    04-02-10 07:02 PM
    You can block all in the firewall and then create exceptions to let those you want to get through.
    04-02-10 07:28 PM
    I tried SMS Filter from BB App World. The problem was it kept popping up a message telling me that it was conflicting with another SMS app, had to reset twice but it still won't work. I don't have any other SMS apps, so I don't know what it was conflicting with, except maybe the native SMS app. Anybody else try this?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-02-10 08:22 PM
    Would this block Visual VM messages?

04-02-10 08:45 PM
    Would this block Visual VM messages?

I'm not sure about that. I wasn't able to get it to work, as it kept telling me there was a conflict with another SMS app. It looks promising though, I hope somebody else has tried it? Maybe there's a way to work around the app conflict?

04-02-10 09:12 PM
    Just wanted to bump this thread up again, wondering if anybody has any new ideas on this? Any new app out there that could block unwanted SMS? Thanks.

05-07-10 11:43 AM
    Why are you getting unwanted text messages?
    05-07-10 11:47 AM
    Why are you getting unwanted text messages?
    I don't see how that's at all relevant.
    Instead of downloading all these apps, if you just need one person blocked, call your carrier and ask them to block that number for you.

05-07-10 11:51 AM
    I don't see how that's at all relevant.
    Instead of downloading all these apps, if you just need one person blocked, call your carrier and ask them to block that number for you.

Huh? Irrelevant? I asked a question that is completely relevant to the thread topic... Its not like I asked about elephants or something...
    05-07-10 11:56 AM
    Huh? Irrelevant? I asked a question that is completely relevant to the thread topic... Its not like I asked about elephants or something...
    I think they meant that a question like that would be like asking someone who's wanting a spam filter "Why are you getting spam email?". Sure, it's related to the topic but why they're getting the unwanted sms's is irrelevant to the post asking how to block them. Does it *matter* if it's a psyco ex or disgruntled ex employee or whoever?
    05-07-10 04:30 PM
    I work over seas and dont what to receive sms while i am roaming, however when i return to the states i would like to read the blocked messages.
    06-12-10 08:31 PM
    Anyone who is with Rogers Wireless can send the phone number to SPAM (7726) and it will block SMS's from that specific number

06-12-10 08:44 PM
    Since you're with T-Mobile, if you have Family Allowances, you can block specific numbers there. That will prevent them from ever being delivered to the device. Note though, that is blocks that number from doing ANYTHING. Calling, text, etc.
    06-13-10 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD