07-30-09 03:15 AM
29 12
tools
    Here is my dilemma

I work rotating shifts and I have a friend who always seems to call me when I’m trying to get some sleep. I don’t want to call the phone company and have his number blocked but I would like it if when he called…his calls went strait to voicemail and I could return them at my convenience.

I also do not want to use Bedside mode because sometimes my Wife or Daughter’s school may need to call me in an emergency.
    07-27-09 12:31 PM
    youmail can do that.
    07-27-09 12:38 PM
    In the address book edit the persons entry. Hit the BB key and go to add custom ringtone and then select MUTE as the ring tone. It won't go directly to VM but at least it wont ring and wake you up.
    07-27-09 12:41 PM
    ^^ That's a good idea.
    07-27-09 12:44 PM
    In the address book edit the persons entry. Hit the BB key and go to add custom ringtone and then select MUTE as the ring tone. It won't go directly to VM but at least it wont ring and wake you up.

Hey that's a great idea...I looked into youmail and Handango's Black and white but I think I will do this.

Thanks
    07-27-09 12:55 PM
    Great solution. I have a few people I'd like to mute also :P
    07-27-09 01:32 PM
    You could also try CallsBlocker by Fabien. It's a free app and it can block Unknown and Private numbers etc.
    07-27-09 01:42 PM
    You could also try CallsBlocker by Fabien. It's a free app and it can block Unknown and Private numbers etc.
    I was gonna post that and I lost my wifi connection. Anyway, CLICK HERE for Callsblocker
    07-27-09 01:59 PM
    I will have to check that out
    07-27-09 02:36 PM
    lol yeah sometimes i'm with my wife and my girlfriend keeps calling. SO i'll set her ringtone to mute thank you. This should help me marraige out. J/K lol
    07-27-09 02:39 PM
    thanks I was looking for that app
    07-27-09 03:09 PM
    Try this

BuzzOff: Cheap BlackBerry Call Blocking Application | BerryReview.com »

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 03:24 PM
    Hey for CallsBlock - what does it say / do to the blocked person who calls?
    Do they get a recording saying their number was blocked, or does it go to my VM directly, or what?

Edit: I tested it with my work phone. The call goes straight to a recording that says "...your call can not be completed as dialed..."
    My phone didn't even ring. Pretty sweet!
    Last edited by amojeba; 07-27-09 at 03:45 PM.
    07-27-09 03:37 PM
    ya, i just installed CallsBlock as well. works good. i likey.
    07-28-09 12:43 AM
    I installed Callsblock on my BOLD and it doesnt seem to be working, so i deleted it! Can anyone shed some light on this? The app says it does not support the Bold, yet i see alot of Bold owners that have this feature on theyre Bolds...A little help folks!
    07-28-09 11:20 AM
    hi guys, i also installed app called BuzzOff, but its not working properly in my Bold, maybe my settings is not correct; on preferences i did ;
    No Caller ID- Pick & Hangup
    1-800 numbers- Pick & Hangup
    match last- Disabled (i don't know what i should do)
    and checked on Vibrate when blocked
    please guys if anyone uses this app successfully on their Bolds please post here step by step how to use it, thanks in advance
    07-28-09 11:50 AM
    I installed Callsblock on my BOLD and it doesnt seem to be working, so i deleted it! Can anyone shed some light on this? The app says it does not support the Bold, yet i see alot of Bold owners that have this feature on theyre Bolds...A little help folks!
    Yeah I'm curious about this as well. How are some of you getting this to work?
    07-28-09 12:00 PM
    Nothing special, works right out of the box for me...
    07-28-09 12:10 PM
    i just got email from Buzzoff, they asking to upgrade for free, it may work after this upgrade, so I'm going to do this now, will share if it works
    07-28-09 12:12 PM
    forget to type some details about buzzoff , my app version was 1.0 and now they offering 1.0.3
    07-28-09 12:15 PM
    update:
    after i download a new version of Buzzoff which is 1.03 app works properly, i just checked it with my house phone which i set first as Block call-it did it and then i set as pick and hangup and it went straight to my voicemail...Great i love this app
    07-28-09 12:24 PM
    ops i forget also about to set on match last as 10 digits and checked on vbrate when block
    07-28-09 12:26 PM
    Like Mookish...nothing special. Just set your Permissions to allow and you're good to go. Oh and you need to enable the app of course.
    07-28-09 02:03 PM
    Buzz off is a pretty cool app. Out of all the apps ive tried its the only one that actually just hangs up on the caller if you select that option. The other apps just send the call to voicemail. Its only $2.99 so you cant really go wrong.
    07-28-09 03:36 PM
    I had similar problems to you getting calls whilst asleep or busy etc. I don't like to turn my bb off in case I miss an important call.

Having come from nokia with a si£ilar feature I loved blocking calls I didn't want to speak to.

Bb's have a nice buil in call screener. Every time you don't want calls from anyone you change the phone to a silent profile, then creat exception groups and add to them family, work, friends etc etc. Edit it to active profile normal from this group.

Then come out of that saving changes and ticke the box for active. From now on all calls coming in from people in your excptions your phone will react the same as it it was set to nornal profile. Every other person calling by local number, long distance or even mobile number will go through silent mode keeping the phone silent and not disturb you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 04:07 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD