hey i am new to the blackberry bold and my battery runs out pretty quickly. i love everything about it but the battery life sux. is there an os that i should download that will increase the battery life? i know about closing all apps that are running in the background. if you know which os i should install, could you put up a link to it? thx in advance
    05-23-09 09:32 AM
    As in all forums.. search before you make a post. The battery life topic has been covered a ridiculous amount of times.

Upgrading to any OS other than the one the bold is sent out with will upgrade your battery life.
    05-23-09 09:38 AM
    The latest official OS is .266. I get great battery life with it, it is stickied at the top of this page.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/new...-266-a-217716/
    05-23-09 10:14 AM
    Define "sux" - are you getting 6 hours? If so, then that sucks. If you're getting 12-15 hours, that's pretty good. It all depends on how much you use it, and what apps you use. With GPS running, you might get four hours. Just emailing might get you 1 1/2 - 2 days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 11:58 AM
    you can buy extended batteries
    05-23-09 12:00 PM
    Charge it every night and you won't have that problem
    05-23-09 12:01 PM
    Ha ill be lucky to get 8 hours out of my bold! And that's not even listenin to music! Running .266 and its definately not the battery because I took the battery out of my old bold when I smashed the screen and stuff and tht still runs for a max of 8/9 hours! I dunno what to do!

05-23-09 12:46 PM
    I agree with charging every night - cradle + bedside mode = ultimate alarm. I'm running .266 and get a full day - that includes emails, lots of RSS reading, little Pandora. You must have some other app running. Did you try pressing/holding menu key - that will show all running apps. There are five apps that always run

05-23-09 12:52 PM
    Like i posted many times i get around 10-12hrs of usage and thats light to moderate usage.

Thats emails, sms, talking here and there for 15-20 min.

Hardcore usage = 4-5hrs the RATED BATTERY SPEC FOR THESE PHONES.

The hardcore is talking for 2 hrs at time on the phone to some sexy girls and no thats not 1-900 numbers either, but some really emotional support wanting girls...

Basically i am getting the most effectiveness this stock OEM battery 1500-1550mah spec.

I am running IN my signature .266 OS.

I close all programs i run by actually scrolling down the menu to CLOSE. I don't just hit the Arrow Key beside the trackball as that will allow the apps to run in the background and limit your battery usage down.

If i am close to a wall jack or my vehicle i will charge-top up the battery when its around 20-30% left. This is when i am hardcoring... LOL

I will charge it up at night (if required) before i go to bed and then unplug it.

Remember these batteries youc an charge them up whenever you desire to do so. They don't have a memory effect, so charge it when you need to or better yet when you want to.

This way you will never have to say this battery suks, i never can go a full 10hrs hours of talking or dang that last email put me to 5% battery left......
    05-23-09 01:08 PM
    Turning down screen brightness a few clicks, and turning off bluetooth and wifi when not needed are huge things that help me.

05-23-09 05:10 PM
    I love 266 but my battery life seems to decreased quite a bit since I've been using it. I've tried all the tricks but am still not happy with it. Just the price we pay for having such a multi-talented device, I suppose. Using the escreens to keep the phone on 2G is a good help, though.

05-23-09 05:47 PM
    Define "sux"
    Yeah, this would help. We might be able to help.
    05-23-09 07:32 PM
    For me, 8 hours w/ less than one hour of talk time will kill my battery. The phone itself is less than a month old too. I'm taking it that this isn't normal either? I have zero apps on my Bold right now too.
    05-23-09 07:39 PM
    For me, 8 hours w/ less than one hour of talk time will kill my battery. The phone itself is less than a month old too. I'm taking it that this isn't normal either? I have zero apps on my Bold right now too.
    I get about 24 hours of moderate use, less if I have a lot of talk time.
    05-23-09 07:45 PM
    I get about 24 hours of moderate use, less if I have a lot of talk time.
    That is A LOT of battery usage bro. I'm jealous now. Maybe I should get an aftermarket battery.
    05-23-09 07:48 PM
    That is A LOT of battery usage bro. I'm jealous now. Maybe I should get an aftermarket battery.
    I have the stick battery running 185. I'm very good about closing unused apps.
    05-23-09 07:51 PM
    Running .266 and I'm not a heavy user by any means. My phone just set a record (for me anyways), for about 80 hours. I don't really talk on the thing much, mainly light browsing (when I'm bored at work) and texting pretty much all day long.
    05-23-09 07:54 PM
    I use my Blackberry pretty hardcore, texting ALL day, and internet all day, some phone calls here or there and by the end of the day I have about 3.5-4 of 5 bars left, I get great battery life but I'm only on .167, so I have no idea about future OSs

05-23-09 08:29 PM
    if i am light, i can get a couple days out if it before it dies on me
    05-23-09 08:31 PM
    if i am light, i can get a couple days out if it before it dies on me
    We all can get 1-2 days if we hardly and i mean hardly use the phone.

If in standby mode its suppose to be 13 days..... lol ..... i never tried to see.

Anyhoo ..... I forgot to mention... where i liv in canada its only 2G edge network as they are lazy in getting 3G here yet, but 3 hrs away 3G is there all the way to T.O and 3G is also north of us.

Rogers..... if your reading ... get 3G in my area SOON/FAST/ASAP/NOW plzzzz.
    05-23-09 08:45 PM
    We all can get 1-2 days if we hardly and i mean hardly use the phone.

If in standby mode its suppose to be 13 days..... lol ..... i never tried to see.

Anyhoo ..... I forgot to mention... where i liv in canada its only 2G edge network as they are lazy in getting 3G here yet, but 3 hrs away 3G is there all the way to T.O and 3G is also north of us.

Rogers..... if your reading ... get 3G in my area SOON/FAST/ASAP/NOW plzzzz.

my stats are on 3G
    if i switch to 2G only, i get even better
    05-23-09 08:47 PM
    Charge it every night and you won't have that problem
    Yes he will. I charge every night and still have lackluster battery life.
    06-06-09 10:17 AM
    If you are within warranty, call AT&T and ask for a replacement battery. Charge them both and keep the spare for emergencies
    06-06-09 11:47 AM
    In my signature what i runa s an OS and battery life TALK TIME is 4.5 to 5 hours..... that is the rated time for the stock 1550mah battery STRAIGHT talking nothing else.

Now i can get 4.5 - 5 hrs.... so anything more is a bonus, anything well severly less would indicate something is helping to drain your battery or its a defective battery or unit itself.
    06-06-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD