so i just blacked out my bold i got everything all the buttons, keyboard with the red numbers, and all black buttons.
    i am having two major problems.

1. the battery door no longer stays on the phone. i got a new a flat black door that one doesnt work nor does the original door. what can i do to fix this? do i need new door or a new battery latch? can i fix the one i have now?

2. the new keyboard is 10 times as hard to type on the buttons are just not as sensitive. i though it possibly just needed to be broken in but ive been on it for about a week and it hasnt gotten any better
    06-09-09 09:41 PM
    also i didnt do the install of the new parts done professionally done
    06-09-09 09:45 PM
    is the battery latch sunken in at all? when I dropped my Bold, the battery latch sunk in a bit and the clip on the door broke a little. when I pulled it apart again, I pulled out the latch and bent the springs to give a little more spring to them. door stayed on better.

Just installed a new bezel and battery door today and everything is nice and tight.

FYI, no black parts, all OEM.
    06-09-09 09:54 PM
    you should have a T5 screw around and make sure your screws are on tight. happens when its not tight enough to allow your latch to close.
    06-09-09 09:56 PM
    you should have a T5 screw around and make sure your screws are on tight. happens when its not tight enough to allow your latch to close.
    I agree, also things that I have noticed that can happen if the screws are not tight:

-screen distortion when clicking the trackball

-top screw near the volume buttons if it is not there or not tight, the volume buttons will not work due to the button contacts not making a proper connection with the mainboard.
    06-09-09 10:02 PM
    I had this issue today when I got my Rogers red keypad. My left side button wouldn't work, which was my fault because I didn't screw it on tight enough. I held down the phone gently, tightened the screws and the buttons re-aligned and had it work again. **** happens. just got to fix it on your own sometimes.
    06-09-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD