I've always heard about peoples bolds being loose in the back; but mine was always fine until I blacked it out; its so annoying; ne suggestions on fixing it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 12:52 PM
    Using a business card behind the battery cover has been suggested in other threads. No problems with a blacked out Bold here. I'm using a bezel from True Supplier.
    07-22-09 12:59 PM
    It might be when you put the motherboard (is that what it's called for a phone?) back into the bezel, that's where I ran into some trouble when I recently did this and when I finally got it in correctly (or so I thought), I was too excited and just happily screwed it all back together and that was that. My battery door is looser than before now too, and besides that, it also creaks a substantial amount now on the left side of the phone (if you're holding it looking at the screen)

I'm thinking about undoing it, taking the motherboard back out and putting it back in and seeing if it fixes it. Because before I did this, mine wasn't loose at all. =)

edit: P.S: I got it from Truesupplier as well.
    07-22-09 01:08 PM
    This is what I did
    07-22-09 01:20 PM
    To be honest my situation was the complete opposite. Mine was squeeking before, and then after i blacked out everything was nice and solid. Ensure that you didn't overtighten the screws on the frame. They dont need to be super tight. Thats honestly the only thing that I can think of that may have helped me out.
    07-22-09 01:36 PM
    Ill prolly jus do it again; didn't like the red trackball; almost looks pink; I'm debating a black green or blue; I like the green and blue I just don't want them to get dirty like my white on; anyways; thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 01:48 PM
    Exactly, I'll do mine again too I think.
    It's gotta be somewhere when we're putting it all back together that causes it not to fit exactly right or something. Because some people make it tighter and it fits better when they're done, and some people it fits worse than before when they're done.
    07-22-09 02:12 PM
    My battery door is loose on the left side and squeeks as well. Very annoying... My Bold is also stock.
    07-22-09 02:15 PM
    UPDATE: I took mine apart and redid the midplate screwing again, and all is well. The battery door is still looser than before but now it is only slightly, and as for the insane amount of creaking and cheapness of the device that occured before....it is gone. I just screwed the midplate in tighter.

I guess I was too worried about stripping the screws before that I didn't even do it tight enough. It's all MUCH better now.
    07-23-09 10:17 PM
    and if the screws aren't tight enough, the contacts for the buttons on the midplate will not make a proper contact with the board and side buttons may not work.
    07-23-09 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD