okay so here's my dilemma. I have the bold 9780, and it's usually fully charged in the morning when i set off for school(8:00) however, the most it will last is until lunchtime (13:05) and that's with the signal turned off and the phone locked. also if i turn the phone off or remove the battery, the battery life drains just as quick. sometimes it runs out by 11 oclock. this started around the same time as my charging port began to break, i had to put the charger in at an awkward angle for it to work, and eventually it just came clean out and now i have to charge my battery manually in an external charger, outside of the phone.

if anyone could help me out, by telling me the problem and if i need a new battery or if it's a phone fault, that'd be great

thanks -tyler

EDIT: forgot to mention, it will sometimes shut off from anywhere ranging from 50-75% battery life left, sometimes a little lower, which is really unpredictable and sucks when it shuts off while i'm outside somewhere.
    Last edited by TylerSummerill; 05-11-13 at 11:56 AM. Reason: extra details
    05-11-13 11:50 AM
    Can you go to the store and see if they'll let you try a new battery?
    05-11-13 07:01 PM
    Sounds like the battery is dying. The 9780 is relatively old at this point, and if this is the first battery that was ever put in to this phone, it could be time to replace it.
    05-12-13 04:46 AM
    I use a stand to charge my Bold. That way it uses the two metal contacts at the bottom of the phone to apply the power instead of the delicate USB port. The stand is also handy as the phone doubles as a clock next to my bed then.

Check and clean the battery contacts on both the phone and the battery. Make them look nice and clean\shiny again. Phones like a bit of TLC now and then.

I'm still on the original battery from two years ago. Still easily gets a day or two on normal usage. And an experiment last week had the phone go from Sunday night to Friday midday on a single charge!! Okay - so it was in a low-use situation connected via UMA - but that still amazed me as to how well this original battery was behaving.
    05-15-13 05:48 AM