Stop listening to (or worrying about) what your friends are saying. "Outdated" is a relative term. Does your phone have great email? Does it have great texting? Does it make good calls? Does it access the internet quickly? (whoops..ok, let's let that one slide by for the time being). The bottom line is, you have options: Get the latest, greatest, fastest, most technologically advanced device or, get one that does very well and meets your needs and that you simply like. Bingo...to he*l with what friends think, you didn't buy the phone for them.
    06-18-10 01:31 PM
    Wow, I've been writing about that here in the forums for two years. Most people do not understand the whole "megapixel" thing and simply think "bigger is better." Not all MPs are the same and where "bigger IS better" has much to do with the SIZE of the megapixel, not the quantity. My high end professional cameras range from 12.5 MP to 22 MP. On that lower end, many cell cameras are nearing that, but there is simply no comparison between the two.
    I know it's all marketing to people who are uneducated (about the way digital cameras work), but it bugs the crap outta me too. My 9700 has a 3.2 megapixel camera. So does my dad's 8(!) Year old Canon point and shoot. Guess which one takes better pics? Like you said, not all mps are created equal. I can show some beautiful 1.3 mp pics taken with one of those old Sony's (with a carl zeis lens )that use a floppy disk. On a side note, 22 mp is nuts! I didn't realize they were up there yet. What kind of camera do you use?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 01:37 PM
    Yes - totally outdated... You can send all your outdated BlackBerry's to me for discrete disposal
    06-18-10 01:55 PM
    I am getting SO TIRED of these BS threads about how bad BlackBerrys are.

If people dislike them so much why TH do they buy them? Are they totally stooopid?

If I think something is no good, I don't buy it.

This is why I have a Windows 7 PC, A Mercedes-Benz and, of course, a 9700 BlackBerry Bold.

I think these threads are started by iPhone and Android users who just do not know any better.

So, once and for all. The BlackBerry is the best phone on the planet. It's why I own several of them
    06-18-10 02:08 PM
    Just send me the battery cover and throw the rest of the phone away.
    06-18-10 02:10 PM
    Hammer: I use Nikon equipment. I chose Nikon only because I've used it all my life and when things went digital, the Nikon gear still felt familiar to me and the operation was intuitive. I had nothing against Canon (unlike here, where you're either for--or against--Brand X. I made a comment not too long ago that compared discussions in some of the photography forums I belong to. Rarely, do I ever see any "your brand is crap, mine is the best" silliness. Most professional photographers (and non-professional as well) understand that each brand carries its own pros and cons. There are things I like about Canon and things I don't like, but then, there are things I don't like about some of my Nikon gear as well.

I've had billboards of photos from my 12.5 MP Nikon, made up to almost 6 feet wide and they look terrific (especially given that the client never told me they were going to enlarge these so much. Had I known, I would have prepared the photo differently to optimize it for such an enlargement. Even so, they look great). The HUGE billboards you see, are typically shot with cameras in the 22 MP - 50+ MP cameras (yep, they go up that high). I've not had such enlargements since I bought my big camera, but I'm confident it will do just fine). There are many factors that MPs influence, not just sharpness. It's tonal depth, smoothness, details, edge lines, etc. that all combine to make a noticeable difference when comparing. That tends to be more of a factor in enlargements but I remember way back when, seeing an 8 x 10 print from a portrait taken with a then, alarmingly high, 6 MP camera. Instantly, I was struck by the smoothness and depth to the skin tones. It blew my mind. When looked at by itself, other, smaller MP cameras seemed fine, but when you compared them to something better, the difference was night and day. To the trained eye, no comparison was even needed. MPs don't hurt, but they're surely not the "be-all-end-all" factors that marketers would like us to believe. Other factors, besides MPs, are the lens (like your Zeis lens) and the electronics in the camera that process the image. Of course, let's not forget the skills and talents of the photographer

I know it's all marketing to people who are uneducated (about the way digital cameras work), but it bugs the crap outta me too. My 9700 has a 3.2 megapixel camera. So does my dad's 8(!) Year old Canon point and shoot. Guess which one takes better pics? Like you said, not all mps are created equal. I can show some beautiful 1.3 mp pics taken with one of those old Sony's (with a carl zeis lens )that use a floppy disk. On a side note, 22 mp is nuts! I didn't realize they were up there yet. What kind of camera do you use?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 02:47 PM
    Out of date???? Naw!!! Maybe it doesn't have a "fancy UI" but BB do what they're intended for.....very, very well.

I have an Android and BB9700 because I like both platforms. I started out with the G1 then got a BB8900. Wasn't impressed with the app market but loved the ease of use. Then I got rid of the 8900 and got a Motorola Cliq. Soon after I started to miss my BB so I decided to keep the Cliq and get the 9700. Now me happy

Next phone I'm getting is the Samsung Galaxy S to accompany my 9700.

I think soooooo many people are easily impressed with fancy looking widgets and big screens. I prefer web browsing and media on my Cliq but for productivity, phone calls, texting, emails, I prefer my BB.
    06-18-10 03:34 PM
    I have an Android and BB9700 because I like both platforms.
    that's against the rules isn't it, you can't, you have to pick one!
    06-18-10 03:49 PM
    I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. RIM does NOT release new blackberry's frequently. They re-release the SAME blackberry's frequently (with a trackpad and wifi of course!).
    Hahahahaha agreed
    06-20-10 12:53 AM
    It is depend on your preferences. I switched from iPhone to BB 3-4 months ago because I don't use those fancy applications. Main apps I use daily are email, MSN, those text apps, and social networking apps like FB and Twitter. These apps also can be found on BB.

On top of that most of my friends were on BB so I decided to sell my iPhone. and I have to tell you that BBM is so powerful when your friends are on BB.

Now I am so addicted to BBM and my BB. It really keeps you connected.

Again, its depends on your preferences and daily use.

Thanks
    06-20-10 01:08 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD