Hi all,

Has anyone tried to setup these supposed new web signals from a few sites ( i.e accuweather, nytimes... )

They don't seem very reliable and aren't working as per many people.

Are we doing anything wrong as i've tried a few and nothing coming up on my BB for over a day now.

Any ideas?
    10-26-08 06:10 PM
    I don't know if this is what you're reffing to, but my weather function seems to be working fine. My bold says it is 55 degrees and Overcast....
    10-26-08 06:12 PM
    I get an error message when trying to set it up:

"Connection refused push.na.blackberry.com:80"

Is there a setting I need to adjust?
    11-06-08 03:46 PM
    I've tried them a few times but nothing, went in again today & clicked on weather & NYT, once I soft reset my BB i now have a NYT Bits icon in my downloads folder but no weather icon.

When i lcik on NYT Bits it opens my browser to a page on NYT mobile site....not really a push item as i'd expect.

There's no help guide or how to on Blackberry Site
    11-06-08 04:32 PM
    I downloaded the CBC one. Got the email, registered, got the icon pushed to my device....

and I'm still waiting for news.....

Verdict: NOT Reliable....for now anyways
    11-06-08 04:36 PM
    I installed a few of them a couple weeks ago...didn't really work at all.
    11-06-08 04:44 PM
    I gave up on these a few days after they were announced. It was a good thought, though.
    11-06-08 04:54 PM
    I don't know if this is what you're reffing to, but my weather function seems to be working fine. My bold says it is 55 degrees and Overcast....
    Me too. The only one I've downloaded is Accuweather, but it's worked from day one. I didn't notice any delay when I transitioned to the Bold. But I must confess that I was rather busy playing with other functions for quite some time. The first time I checked on it all was well
    11-07-08 01:42 AM
    I subscribed to Accuweather and the icon showed up pretty quickly. I was enjoying it till the next day when the icon stayed on a moon symbol and didn't change till the afternoon. The temps displayed were the same way. When I clicked on the icon and went to the website, the weather was accurate and current but the "Push" never took place til later in the afternoon. That wasn't acceptable so I unsubscribed.

And yes I did a battery pull to see if that would help updated the information displayed when I moused over the icon. Didn't help.
    11-25-08 03:04 PM
    I subscribed to Accuweather and the icon showed up pretty quickly. I was enjoying it till the next day when the icon stayed on a moon symbol and didn't change till the afternoon. The temps displayed were the same way. When I clicked on the icon and went to the website, the weather was accurate and current but the "Push" never took place til later in the afternoon. That wasn't acceptable so I unsubscribed.

And yes I did a battery pull to see if that would help updated the information displayed when I moused over the icon. Didn't help.
    I have tried most of the push services offered as "web signals," and none of them reliably update. I noticed that when I pull the battery, they typically update after the 3 minute startup. They seem like a waste of time.

I hope web signals comes up with something better.
    11-27-08 06:11 PM
    I also have gotten the error - connection refused push.na.blackberry.com80 when i tried to install Accuweather.

Anyone know what is causing this?

Got a 8830 on Verizon....
    07-23-09 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD