Bought my bold today on orange from oxford street. Phones4U only had one delivered today (I had my name on it from yesterday) and I felt like a minor celeb leaving the store!

Now I've come from a HTC TyTNII and wasn't sure what all the blackberry fuss was all about b
    ut I was owed a work phone...

...It's awesome.

Screen - like looking at a mini compiter screen. Incredibly bright and hardly any glare in sunlight (all half an hour of it there was today)

Ease of setting up email, wifi etc. - couldn't be simpler. A pleasure to set up.

Camera - Wasn,t expecting much but it's great! Got some really clear inside, action pub shots tonight

Internet - not mind-blowingly quick but quick enough. Wi fi speeds it up.

Rollerball - WOW! Perfect (veterans please excuse my excitement over this). One of the things that must make these devices so addictive. So quick to get around screens/menus

Keyboard - you can feel every key and typing feels as natural as on a keyboard. I don't like touchscreens personally so this is perfect.

Well, I'm convinced after only 6 hours with it. Compared with the Kaiser, it's slicker It feels less like I have a computer in my pocket, it feels better than that. It's visually stunning and even feels great on the ear! So my advice to any other BB noobs out there is that you won't be disappointed

One question - will apps for other blackberry models work on the bold? Or do I have to wait for specific apps for the phone to appear in time?.
    08-21-08 06:06 PM
    lucky you! how is the screen quality?
    08-21-08 06:11 PM
    I currently have a TyTN II and is waiting for the Bold to come out in the US then get it..
    Any advantage that the TyTN II has over the Bold?
    08-21-08 06:30 PM
    Lucky! I'm a BB virgin too, so yours and everyone else's impressions are making the US wait unbearable!

How does it feel in your hand? Heavy, bulky? Does it fit in your pocket comfortably (like if it is comfy when you walk/sit)?

Sorry for all the questions, but color me jealous! And anxious for AT&T to get it released here already. X[
    08-21-08 06:37 PM
    congrats on your first BB device!!

welcome to the forums!
    08-21-08 06:46 PM
    Are Phone4U doing any good deals or is it the same as the orange stores ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 10:43 PM
    Congrats on the Bold. I Think I better move to the UK If I want one hehe
    08-21-08 11:13 PM
    One question - will apps for other blackberry models work on the bold? Or do I have to wait for specific apps for the phone to appear in time?.

They should work already, I've loaded on Google Maps and Facebook so far and they both work perfectly
    08-22-08 01:45 AM
    congrats on losing your BB virginity! hehehe!! glad you like it, and glad to see a Bold post go into detail. Im not even holding my breath for it! we will never get it at Telus lol!! ☻
    08-22-08 01:51 AM
    I currently have a TyTN II and is waiting for the Bold to come out in the US then get it..
    Any advantage that the TyTN II has over the Bold?
    I had a TY TN II (I actually had 3 as the screen kept on breaking) before going to the curve and picked up a bold this week.

Going from the HTC to the curve was a revelation for me, it does almost everything that the HTC did without feeling like I am carrying a brick in my pocket, the bold is larger than the curve and if I am being honest does not feel as nice in the hand, but the keyboard and pretty much everything else is better and compared to the HTC the Bold still feels small enough. One disadvantage so far of BB vs HTc is that there is no satnav maps that you can load on like tomtom and use the only solutions I have seen so far require a data connection which imo is pretty rubbish, hopefully there will be a tomtom BB soon.

But as I have said elsewhere I will miss the curve.
    08-22-08 03:46 AM
    Thanks to the warm response to my first post!

To answer your q's. The screen quality is bright and crisp but doesn't make my eyes sore (like some computers do).

I agree that everything is much slicker and easier on the TyTN. Not being particularly teccy, I felt like I was hacking into whitehall every time I put any apps or software on it. The slide out screen to keypad is still pretty unbeatable and of course I'm still getting used to the smaller letters on the BB.

Phones4U weren't offering anything too groundbreaking. Bartered them down to 40 a month instead of 45 with everything thrown in. One cool thing I didn't know is that u can upgrade your 18 month contract after 13 months if u do it witht themm There you go.

Good to see gmaps and fbook work well. I just hope the BB's going to have the wealth of cool stuff to put on it that the TyTN did!
    08-22-08 04:26 AM
    ...Forgot to say that it is also considerably lighter than the TyTN. It's also thin so slips micely into pocket. Also comes with a very smart leather case it slips into and screen also turns off when you slide it in. It's the little things in life
    08-22-08 04:32 AM
    Well done 'Ron'... it all sounds very positive.

Al I am waiting for now is either for an unlocked one to become available (legally!) or for O2 to release them... whichever comes first!

I would imagine that outlets like Phones4U and Carphone Warehouse in the UK will start to offer them with other providers in due course also.
    08-22-08 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD