Long title, long story, but I'll try and keep it short!

I used to be (still am, don't worry!) a huge fan of BlackBerry -- it's instant email, amazing battery life, and powerful business features made it a wonderful device, especially someone like me who is a television producer.

Even though I'm someone who is always on the leading front of technology, I swore up and down I'd never get an iPhone, until June when I got an iPhone. I won't lie, I loved it for about the first 2 months. Multimedia was awesome, amazing video playback, I didn't have to carry around my SIRIUS receiver, it had almost everything.

Except, the battery sucked, I would always have to charge my iPhone during the day, and I could never reliably travel with it. The more email accounts I added, the faster the battery drained, and even then, the email wasn't instant. I'd have to wait 15 of so minutes on each account, and I polled even more frequently (lets say 10 minutes) battery life would be even WORSE! I could only run one application at a time, and even when I jailbroke the phone and got a program that would allow me to run applications in the background, I saw EVEN WORSE battery life, showing me how much the phone really sucked. Another thing, who is Apple to restrict what I can and can't have on MY phone?!

I was off work from June until the start of September, the time I had the iPhone, and going back to work with this phone sucked.

Yesterday, I got myself the BlackBerry Bold. It was probably the happiest day of the past 4 months. I've got all 5 of my email accounts on my phone, got uSirius running my Sirius account, got my PIN messaging back, got my life back! You know whats really cool? I haven't even charged it once since the initial charge, and it's been running solid for a good 24 hours and is only down to about 35%. This is the one phone I feel safe traveling with as I know it wont die 8 hours into the trip!

To me, the BlackBerry Bold has EVERYTHING I want in a mobile device. One small thing I love is that it's not the ultra-mini USB, but a normal mini USB connector.

RIM, you never cease to amaze me. BlackBerry, I'm back baby!
    10-04-09 03:03 PM
    I like both phones so much that I just use both now. After having used an
    iPhone for a month, there's no way I could only strictly use the Blackberry.
    Nor could I only strictly use the iPhone.

So to solve my problem I'm on a BB plan but am able to use my sim in my
    iPhone 3GS since I unlocked the APN. So life is good.
    10-04-09 04:05 PM
    I wish my batt life is as good as yours! Mine is only good for about 12 hours on medium usage.. I only use my phone for very light calls, medium messaging/chatting and very light entertainment usage. but 12 hours is all I need then my day is over and my bold is being charged
    i carry around a jailbroken ipod touch for my "iphone" needs.
    10-04-09 04:32 PM
    My story is very close. I was iPhone user for quite a while, then got 3GS, and while was pretty happy with it, decided to explore Blackberry Bold's world. With which I developed hate-love relationship. While I am loving battery life and real keyboard, and some parts of the email - everything else is kind of.. not too impressive. iPhone 3GS does so many things better. But it sucks in it's own way.
    At the end, I have two phones now -- Blackberry Bold and iPhone 3GS. I wish to finally get rid of one, but not sure which one. ;-\
    10-04-09 10:14 PM
    me too went from 8900 to 3g to 9000 to 3gs now im back with the 9000
    10-04-09 10:31 PM
    Glad you're back. Please use the following thread for device switches.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...t-here-260887/

Thanks.
    10-04-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD