Lately I've noticed my BB turns off at around 25% battery and when I am able to turn it on, it says about 3-4% of battery left. What could be the cause and can I change the % of battery when it turns off?
    03-17-11 08:53 AM
    Some of OS 6 versions had this problem. If you are also experiencing this while using OS 6, you can perhaps find more info on the thread connected to the OS 6 version.
    What OS are you using?
    03-17-11 09:43 AM
    I still have 5.0.0.593, can't upgrade to OS 6 on Mac currently.
    03-17-11 10:20 AM
    Hmmm... don't know much about updating BB on Mac. Can you choose what OS you want to load, or you are limited to whatever your carrier releases and DM offers you?
    I remember OS 5 .0.0.979 worked like a charm for me, incl. extraordinary battery life.
    03-17-11 10:35 AM
    It could be the battery is going bad. But before spending money on a new battery, try resetting the battery indicator/calculator. Plug in to charger, with device on, remove the battery. Leave it out for 30-60 seconds and then insert battery and let charge to 100%. I have not had your problem but have performed this procedure and there was no harm to my phone. Hope this works for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 10:39 AM
    Lately I've noticed my BB turns off at around 25% battery and when I am able to turn it on, it says about 3-4% of battery left. What could be the cause and can I change the % of battery when it turns off?
    Had this exact same issue.... It is not a software issue. It is your battery. I had to get a new one. Luckily the place I work at just got a bunch of new Bold 9700s in and I just swapped my battery for a new one.

But yes to fix this issue you need a new battery

03-17-11 12:54 PM
    it's not the battery... the later OS5 and OS6 have the same problem. it never goes red and then it just suddenly turns off... and when you reboot and charge the phone, your battery is at like 3%
    03-17-11 02:08 PM
    I have this same problem. My battery gets to yellow and then will shut off. When I try to turn back on. it reports full dead 3-4% I am running 5.0.0.979. On AT&T.
    03-17-11 02:50 PM
    I guess 5.0.0.979 is a battery hater for some? Maybe an extended battery would supplement it. I use one.

03-17-11 03:54 PM
    Had this exact same issue.... It is not a software issue. It is your battery. I had to get a new one. Luckily the place I work at just got a bunch of new Bold 9700s in and I just swapped my battery for a new one.

But yes to fix this issue you need a new battery

Love when people mis-inform others....all it would take is a search of this topic and hundreds of threads/posts would pop up about it. It is software related in a lot of later os5 and os6 OS's....

Sometimes it does it on mine, usually around 32% to 8% and a reset and then down to 5%...I just charge it and good to go. It is out through most os6 OS's...and it may not happen everyday. Mine does it in a blue moon.

Most os5 OS's don't do this.

03-17-11 04:03 PM
    Love when people mis-inform others....all it would take is a search of this topic and hundreds of threads/posts would pop up about it. It is software related in a lot of later os5 and os6 OS's....

Sometimes it does it on mine, usually around 32% to 8% and a reset and then down to 5%...I just charge it and good to go. It is out through most os6 OS's...and it may not happen everyday. Mine does it in a blue moon.

Most os5 OS's don't do this.

I am not mis informing anyone, I had this issue.... Upgraded to a new OS did almost everythig and it did not work until I got a new battery

03-17-11 04:46 PM
    So you had a faulty battery and a coincidence that encountered the same time of updating to os6....big difference as 99% of the time it would be software related....

03-17-11 05:01 PM
    Exactly the same problem on my 9700. It's software and/or battery issue. When some buggy app is running(maybe in the background), battery voltage may suddenly drop, and the OS thinks the battery is low, it turns off. Try to remove some apps and get a new battery.

03-17-11 07:10 PM
    it's not the battery... it's the later OS5 and OS6 issue. you wont see the red "low battery" warning... just charge it when it's low.
    03-18-11 10:58 AM
    Yeah people need to stop recommending people spend money when they need not too....it...is...software...don't...need...to...bu y...a...battery....

Heck, go ahead buy one and when you experience the same result, then post back here.

It is the OS builds...simple as that.

03-20-11 07:54 AM
    I am fairly new to Blackberry (2 1/2 months) have I have had this issue happen a handfull of times on my Blackberry Curve 9300 3g (AT&T). My software is OS6 and is "up to date." Is there any time of new fix or solution for this, as my phone "died" with 25% life in the middle of a client meeting today...
    08-03-11 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD