Hi all,

My poor 9870 met its death and I bought a new one the trackpad on my new 9780 rocks around a bit I cannot remember if this is normal behaviour or not?
    04-06-11 06:26 AM
    It isn't I have 2 9780 and got 2 friends who own 9780s. None of them do that.

They are all retail units though.

I bet you got it from a carrier right?

Take it back for an exchange mate
    04-06-11 06:45 AM
    Some track pads move a little more than others. They should work fine unless it really bothers you. I will take one that move slightly over a tilted one any day!
    04-06-11 07:35 AM
    Mine moves slightly, too. I heard the same from others but it doesn't affect the functionality.
    04-06-11 06:10 PM
    Mine does it too and it is REALLY annoying!
    04-08-11 10:07 PM
    I had 4 defective 9780s with this problem. Except mine really moved almost to the point where someone who had never used a trackpad before knew it was defective. They should have a little play but shouldn't wobble. I really wanted a 9780 but I couldn't risk it and going through 5 told me something. I have T-Mobile and they seem to have the most defective units. Really wish I could have gotten my hands on a pre-release version or international unit as these units are pretty much flawless. Oh well. I ended up getting a new 9700 from a friend for dirt cheap.
    Last edited by MattMJB0188; 04-08-11 at 10:39 PM.
    04-08-11 10:35 PM
    Mine is Solid, it slightly leans to the direction im sliding my thumb (sure thats normal) but it doesnt physically move.
    04-09-11 12:51 AM
    It isn't I have 2 9780 and got 2 friends who own 9780s. None of them do that.

They are all retail units though.

I bet you got it from a carrier right?

Take it back for an exchange mate
    What does getting it from a carrier have to do with it? Every BlackBerry that I've owned has come from a carrier and I've never had a problem with any of them. I just switched carriers from AT&T to T Mobile because I wanted the 9780 and I haven't experienced any problems with my device at all. I keep reading all these horror stories and I feel like I'm waiting for something to malfunction .....LOL! I'm wondering if maybe the earlier shipments of the 9780 were not quite up to specs. As I said, I've not had any issues with mine, so far, but it's only been 2 or 3 weeks since I got it.
    04-10-11 11:42 AM
    I need help. This sunken trackpad bothers me alot and I want to dissasemble my Blackberry to fix it but I don't know how to. Could someone please help me with pics and vids to show me how to dissasemble my BB and I also need a list of the tools to dissasemble it. Thanks!
    06-30-11 11:47 AM
    I need help. This sunken trackpad bothers me alot and I want to dissasemble my Blackberry to fix it but I don't know how to. Could someone please help me with pics and vids to show me how to dissasemble my BB and I also need a list of the tools to dissasemble it. Thanks!
    Welcome to the forums. Plenty of videos on youtube. The 9700 videos work as well, since only the specs are different on the phones.
    rohit9000 likes this.
    06-30-11 01:09 PM
    I am going to use this website (http://goonthemove.com/blackberry/bl...t-tutorial/)to dissasemble it but I don't have the screw and the blue thing. Another thing is this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/fi...ackpad-487778/ In this forum there is the solution I want but I don't understand how to get the trackpad to slip so I can put the scotch tape.
    06-30-11 04:15 PM
    I am going to use this website (http://goonthemove.com/blackberry/blackberry-bold-9700-take-apart-tutorial/)to dissasemble it but I don't have the screw and the blue thing. Another thing is this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/fi...ackpad-487778/ In this forum there is the solution I want but I don't understand how to get the trackpad to slip so I can put the scotch tape.
    Buy them from SW-Box, if you can't find them around you.

The tutorial is very good, but I still think watching a fer videos helps.
    06-30-11 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD