Hi guys,

I currently have the 500 MB blackberry internet plan w/ bb email-messenger etc. I also currently use a bold.

Now my question is, if I call Rogers and ask them to add the SOC code: Apn3con will I be able to use the same 500MB blackberry data plan on another smartphone? Currently I also own an iPhone so possibly that?

I am also thinking of getting an android device soon if this works?

Kindly let me know.
    07-08-09 06:00 PM
    I asked the same question to a Rogers rep last week.... I wanted to use my bold for the week and a Iphone for the week-end and the answer... No you cant... it's not the same data plan

Sound stupid... Yes.. I know.... In my idea.. 500mb is 500mb... why Rogers care about the phone
    07-08-09 07:10 PM
    that just sucks
    07-08-09 07:14 PM
    sucks............
    07-08-09 10:38 PM
    Because your paying for usage on rim's servers for the bb plan, not for the iphone. Its not dumb therefore, it is different data.

I asked the same question to a Rogers rep last week.... I wanted to use my bold for the week and a Iphone for the week-end and the answer... No you cant... it's not the same data plan

Sound stupid... Yes.. I know.... In my idea.. 500mb is 500mb... why Rogers care about the phone
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 10:40 PM

They use different compression on the network. I remember reading right before launch that (on AT&T) the iPhone used as much as 10 Blackberries to support in network resources.
    07-08-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD