I have been offered a Bold at sensible money by a chum who has been hit by job loss and needs to get some cash together. The phone is with 02 and, as far as I can tell, is unlocked to all networks (at least the SIM card option shows SECURITY DISABLED under the Advanced tools tab).

I also have a pay monthly O2 account with data enabled so I tried out my SIM in his Bold and it was fine with WiFi access to internet and GSM mobile connection. However, when we logged onto O2 Blackberry Service page and tried to register a new account, it asked for the device PIN and IMEI numbers and then would not allow any further action and comes up with "an account already exists for this Blackberry device". I am not sure that my friend is on very good terms with O2 either as he is in arrears.

How can I get around this problem? Obviously, if I can't set up my emails on the Bold, its a waste of time buying it.
    06-05-09 04:03 AM
    Your friend needs to call O2 and have the IMEI and PIN released for that device so that you can then call them and register it with your account.

Chris
    06-05-09 04:05 AM
    Thanks Chris.........but I don't think that O2 will do that with my friend's bill in arrears as it is bound to be soon.

So does that mean that O2 effectively can block a Bold regardless of SIM?
    06-05-09 04:23 AM
    Thanks Chris.........but I don't think that O2 will do that with my friend's bill in arrears as it is bound to be soon.

So does that mean that O2 effectively can block a Bold regardless of SIM?
    The device is his. If he wants it released so that he can sell it in order to get money to pay them, they should do it.

Chris
    06-05-09 05:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD