I am having endless problems with my BBerry Bold and SMS default folders not working properly. Have tried everything except a "Security Wipe".

From what I can gather - the Security wipe allows you to restore selectively.

Can you point me in the right direction for trying this Security Wipe?

All instructions I find seem no different than doing a Standard wipe.

Thanks so much in advance for your assistance.

Bye for now.....

(have done several battery pulls, folder choice reselections, marking as read/unread/read, etc.)
    07-30-09 11:36 AM
    Options>Security Settings>General Options>Wipe Handheld
    07-30-09 11:39 AM
    So... that is how I usually do a bberry wipe....

Then how do you proceed to do a selective restore? Doesn't this type of wipe do a complete wipe?
    07-30-09 11:43 AM
    I don't think that there is a selective restore (I could be wrong, though, but I've never heard of it), other than if you were to backup your device on DM, completely wipe the handheld in the fashion mentioned above, and then just restore those items that you still want from the backup that you just did. You can also restore the theme that you are currently using to default (like you just bought it) by going into options > themes > blackberry button on left side of trackball > reset theme defaults. That will just put your stock WP back and your icons/folders in the places that they started.
    Last edited by JayKayBee; 07-30-09 at 12:33 PM.
    07-30-09 12:30 PM
    To do a selective restore, make sure you have backed your device up with desktop manager. Connect your device, go to backup/restore, then advanced, select the file you wish to restore, and restore the databases you want.
    07-30-09 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD