Hey guys,

I received a text message today from Rogers, and it said this:

"Rogers svc msg: Reminder! Ur unlimited data usage bonus ends in 3dys. Check ur usage @ MyAccount. Enjoy worry-free usage with the right plan - rogers.com/plan".

I'm scratching my head a bit here. So what specific things will rogers start charging me after the 3 days end? The wifi?

Also, will I need to upgrade my plan or what? I'm a bit confused, will I still be able to send things like BBM messages, texts, check / send / receive emails?

Thanks!
    Last edited by jeedee; 06-16-10 at 12:00 AM.
    06-15-10 11:54 PM
    I'm guessing you just signed up or switched your plan with Rogers right? Because new customers/plans get three months unlimt data.. After that it goes down to the amout you payed for ie)500mb or 1gb.. Ect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 12:25 AM
    yup that would be my guess, you unlimited data plan is ending and you will be going to what you sign up for... Data over wifi will not be counted against your data plan so dont worry about that... and if you are worried about the amount of data you are going to use, i would suggest the 500MB plan... honestly i doubt you'll go over that...

I personally use my BB non-stop (BBMing, Twitter, RSS feeds, facebook, emails, etc etc and i also tether alot) and i barely hit 500MBs most months... so if you do less then me, then i think you'll be ok with the 500 MBs
    06-16-10 11:13 AM
    Thanks for the information guys!

So C_86, when you say "you unlimited data plan is ending and you will be going to what you sign up for", can you help me sort out one more thing? My current plan is:

- BB Unlimited Value / Unltd Msgs
    - 150 Weekday, Unl. Eve & Wknds
    - Call Waiting, Call Forwarding
    - Conference Call/500 MB

Promotions/Discounts:
    50 Bonus weekday minutes, data usage bonus, 6pm early evenings, unl. local calls 6 mths, us gprs $0.006, activation fee credit, 6pm early evening discount, 6pm early evening discount, whocalled service, call manager, call forwarding/transfer

Will I get everything in my plan except the data usage bonus? Without the data usage bonus, I can still access facebook, twitter, emails, and BBM right?

TIA!
    06-16-10 08:16 PM
    Thanks for the information guys!

So C_86, when you say "you unlimited data plan is ending and you will be going to what you sign up for", can you help me sort out one more thing? My current plan is:

- BB Unlimited Value / Unltd Msgs
    - 150 Weekday, Unl. Eve & Wknds
    - Call Waiting, Call Forwarding
    - Conference Call/500 MB

Promotions/Discounts:
    50 Bonus weekday minutes, data usage bonus, 6pm early evenings, unl. local calls 6 mths, us gprs $0.006, activation fee credit, 6pm early evening discount, 6pm early evening discount, whocalled service, call manager, call forwarding/transfer

Will I get everything in my plan except the data usage bonus? Without the data usage bonus, I can still access facebook, twitter, emails, and BBM right?

TIA!
    The bold is the key here... you will have access to everything you have now. nothing will change. the only thing affect is for those 3 months, that 500MBs was unlimited, so if you transferred 750MBs in a month it would be free. but now being not on unlimited if you go over, you have to pay...

Nothing on your device or the services you currently have should be affected... you'll still have facebook, twitter, BBM, etc etc without disruption

Hope that made some sense...

edit... but if you want (and i kinda recommend it) give Rogers a call and just double check (talk to either sales, or BB tech support)... make sure you have the BB data plan that comes with 500MBs... just want you to be save and not get charged for something... lol
    Last edited by c_86; 06-16-10 at 09:57 PM.
    06-16-10 09:54 PM
    Ah, makes sense now lol.

Thanks so much!
    06-16-10 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD