I have a BB 9900 that is constantly restarting. I get the black screen with the white progress bar. It gets to a certain point, the red light at the top of the phone flashes red & then the screen goes black and then comes back up with the blackberry sign and progress bar.

Is there a way to fix my handset??
    10-30-13 11:06 PM
    Try battery pull...

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 11:08 PM
    You'll lose all data, but this should fix it.

Download the loader from here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-o2-uk-865486/

Install it, then go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader and delete vendor.xml. Go to "Program Files (x86)" if you are on a 64-bit computer.

Run Loader.exe without plugging in the phone. Wait until the loader screen gets to where it is trying to connect and has the drop-down selection for your PIN.

Remove the battery from the phone, then plug it in. Wait for your PIN to show up on the loader screen, then hit Next.

Make the appropriate selections on the next screen based on which programs and languages you want installed, then keep hitting next until it starts to load files. Once the loading process begins, you can pop the battery in for security.

This should completely reload the operating system and solve your reboot loop. If this doesn't solve it, then it is likely a hardware issue and not easily repaired.
    10-30-13 11:17 PM
    When I go to the Research In Motion folder, there is not an apploader folder...
    10-30-13 11:41 PM
    When I go to the Research In Motion folder, there is not an apploader folder...
    Have you installed the loader from the thread above?

Also, make sure you are in the correct "Program Files" folder. On x64 computers, you need to be in "Program Files (x86)".
    10-31-13 12:06 AM
    Yes-I downloaded the loader. I looked in the program files x86 file. I have 2 RIM folders-one that is RIM & the other RIM ltd-neither of these contains the app loader
    10-31-13 12:15 AM
    If you're seeing "Research in Motion Limited," then you're still in the Program Files folder. You need to go to Common Files before going to Research in Motion.
    10-31-13 01:18 AM
    It worked! Thank you so much! I now have another question; how do I restore my BBM list using my BB ID? There is not that option when I go to restore.
    11-01-13 07:19 PM
    I'm not quite sure about that. On the newer phones, your BBM list is now tied to your BBID and will restore itself once you log in (messages, however, will get lost).

I think the 9900 is new enough to do that. Try just signing in to BBM.
    11-01-13 07:30 PM