So i'm on my second bold 9900 within a week. First one wouldn't read sim cards and now this one the buttons won't work. The back, menu, call, and power don't do anything when pressed. When the space bar is pressed the letters nm are typed and when the 9 key is pressed some weird symbol is typed. I switched from an iPhone and I am starting to think I made a huge mistake. Is there a simple fix for this? or is it another hardware problem? I ordered it online from rogers so if it is a hardware problem i'll have to ship it back to them which won't really work because I leave for school tomorrow which is 5 hours away.
    08-25-11 06:03 PM
    ok so after a battery pull the keyboard doesn't work at all, just the touchscreen works
    08-25-11 06:06 PM
    They(Rogers) can probably ship to your school.

Just saying.
    Or try a rogers store.
    08-25-11 06:07 PM
    They(Rogers) can probably ship to your school.

Just saying.
    Or try a rogers store.
    i went to a rogers store for my first bold and they told me I had to phone rogers and get them to ship a replacement
    08-25-11 06:10 PM
    I'd say you're just having really bad luck! I love mine...everything works great on it!
    08-25-11 06:11 PM
    I'd say you're just having really bad luck! I love mine...everything works great on it!
    I don't think it is bad luck because this is my 3rd Bold 9900 and I had to change my phone 2 times within a week. Now Telus is investigating me saying that I may be lying....!!!

My first Bold 9900: The light bleeds out from the bottom plate

My second Bold 9900: Double type and some letters make wired plastic sound.

Now Telus told me they may charge me $600 after investigating for changing the phones like that.... If they do that, I am going to give **** to RIM and request for a FULL refund NOT from Telus, but from RIM itself.

To OP: Call RIM's 1-800 number and give them a **** of a complain if your service provider say something stupid like Telus did to me. I going to do that if Telus charge my bill $600 at the end of this month.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 08-25-11 at 07:18 PM.
    08-25-11 07:15 PM
    I don't think it is bad luck because this is my 3rd Bold 9900 and I had to change my phone 2 times within a week. Now Telus is investigating me saying that I may be lying....!!!

My first Bold 9900: The light bleeds out from the bottom plate

My second Bold 9900: Double type and some letters make wired plastic sound.

Now Telus told me they may charge me $600 after investigating for changing the phones like that.... If they do that, I am going to give **** to RIM and request for a FULL refund NOT from Telus, but from RIM itself.

To OP: Call RIM's 1-800 number and give them a **** of a complain if your service provider say something stupid like Telus did to me. I going to do that if Telus charge my bill $600 at the end of this month.
    Here in the states the phone is under warranty for 1yr and the carrier will send you a new handset.
    08-25-11 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD