Hi all,..

I'm from indonesia,... Much blackberry in indonesia have an issues blackberry PIN cloning,.. All provider told to us cannot repair with PIN suspended,.. But some repair center can change PIN and IMEI,.. I don't know that's legal or not to discussion about PIN clonning, I just want to know anyone know how to change PIN and IMEI ? And how ?
    Because my friends working on RIM germany told me that imposible to cloning PIN. But in indonesia real provencal.
    Sorry for bad english I hope u all know what I'm talking hehhe. Thanks B4 for sharing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 07:00 AM
    Is that even possible? I mean I get there are very able people out there but I haven't heard anything like this. Even if it were possible, I don't think anyone here will be providing a 101 Guide for that.
    07-22-09 07:32 AM
    Dear friend,

It is very possible. i guess they hacked or flash the whole thing and alter the Pin and IMEI number. This is for people whose PIN is being suspended by the provider.

Good luck to u..
    07-22-09 08:20 AM
    PIN and IMEI are serial numbers defined by the maker RIM.
    Only RIM has the ability to change the numbers.
    These numbers are used by RIM to have the phone access their servers for email and Internet.
    If the numbers are not "real" then the phone will be refused accessed to their servers ... and you will only have a phone.
    If the "new" phone had PIN and IMEI of a suspended phone then the new phone will also be recognized as suspended.
    07-22-09 08:33 AM
    So someone who had an old tired blackberry could steal a nice new one, then potentially change the PIN and IMEI of the new one to match the old one, then set fire to the old one. A free upgrade to thieving lowlifes. I'm staying away from indonesia.

07-22-09 09:03 AM
    What do asians not know how to do? First they clone BlueBerry's and BlockBerry's, and now PINS and IMIE's? Wtf...

07-22-09 09:06 AM
    Ok thanks u for all information but if anyone want to tech me how to clone I'm really thanks u. I just want to know to do that

07-22-09 10:16 AM
    Ok thanks u for all information but if anyone want to tech me how to clone I'm really thanks u. I just want to know to do that

google is your best friend to find that answer
    07-22-09 10:18 AM
    When I was unlocking my Bold, I came across the hidden menu in MFI Multiloader and it has an option to clear the PIN and IMEI and invariably, i assume this gives it the ability to change it too ....

For the record, I cleared mine and set it back to the original.. I didn't try put a different one out of fear of F'ing up my Berry but....yea just thought I'd share.

It's also entirely possible that you can't change the PIN.
    07-22-09 12:13 PM
    For the sake of not having to re-install the new PIN's to apps, is it possible, if I call RIM, to have them change my replacement phone's pin to the pin of the phone I am returning? I hate having to re-register all my apps because my pin has changed. My current phone is having an internet issue and ATT is sending me a replacement.
    07-22-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD