Hello everyone. I have recently got a blackberry bold 9000 and am really annoyed by the memory leaks. It was on ver 4.6 when I got it. I upgraded to v5.0.0.681 and then within few hrs the memory was at 3MB. I tried deleting all the apps and just keep the necesarry ones like bolt browser and wordpress for blackberry. It didn't stop. Then I upgraded to v5.0.0.1067 from crackberry forum. I am still experiencing the same problems. Is there anything else I can do to stop this memory leaks. Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 07:13 PM
    There are apps that periodically sweep the memory or reboot. You can do a routine battery pull as well.

Mine leaks too.
    06-13-11 09:43 PM
    go to
    Options > Security Options > Advanced Security Options > Memory Cleaning > Enabled > then click the Blackberry Button And choose Clean Now

then go to Blackberry home screen and on Keyboard,
    hold the > alt and Click on the letters L G L G L G Several times
    You'll see a new window .... just click the Blackberry Button And choose
    Clear Log

then Exit ,go to Blackberry home screen and on Keyboard,
    hold the > alt , aA , del
    tell the Blackberry off to restart , or just remove the battery

try it
    06-14-11 05:10 AM
    You probably should shrink your OS to remove things that you do not need. When I used a 9000, I shrunk my OS and was able to use a lot of 3rd party apps without any issues. http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/how-shrink-os-348769/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    06-14-11 11:41 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I'm going to try shrinking my OS and see if that helps any...
    06-14-11 07:18 PM
    I'm using JSL v5.1 hybrid and it's been pretty good. Boots up with 38mb and goes down to about 20mb after 2 days. I haven't reinstalled my BlackBerry Bridge app yet but that app has major memory leak issues. My phone was actually at 0 mb app storage at one point.

06-14-11 09:49 PM
    thanks for the replies everyone. I have done memory cleaning and then deleted all the unwanted apps and themes. Ebay and the Zen OS7 theme was responsible for the memory leak. I have deleted both of them and done the battery pull. And I am on 26MB from yesterday. I just hope this stays like that. I was thinking of goin back to blackberry 8900 (256MB RAM. I never had any memory problems on 8900 running OS5)but I think the keypad on bold is awesome for typing blogs.

06-15-11 06:11 PM
    If you shrunk your OS and it didnt work, so you will need to downgrade to 4.6 :S
    06-22-11 08:29 AM
    I wasn't sure how to shrunk OS so I haven't tried that. Recently I got new blackberry 9700. so I am happy (no more memory leaks and reboots). I do miss original bold's keyboard though. Hopefully 9900 will bring that keyboard experience.

07-02-11 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD