PS. I did not DL on my comp any leaked OS's as I always wait for official releases.
    07-19-09 10:42 PM
    So what OS is your phone running now?
    07-19-09 10:43 PM
    question does facebook work on it?
    07-19-09 11:06 PM
    I tried this as well and the only upgrade options I got was for 3 language apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 11:14 PM
    well the OS was a leaked build. and i even went to the AT/T website and their newest OS is still the HELLA old one so the OS on his bold is definitely not an official release
    07-20-09 12:28 AM
    I tried this as well and the only upgrade options I got was for 3 language apps.

Same here!
    07-20-09 12:52 AM
    just plugged my phone in and nothing came up. Very strange that your phone set to update
    07-20-09 01:34 AM
    does any 1 have blackberry map 5.0 cod
    07-20-09 01:37 AM
    this very unlikely he got an official update through DM. he probably has the OS installed on his comp somwhere, unknowingly. no offense.
    07-20-09 03:24 AM
    this very unlikely he got an official update through DM. he probably has the OS installed on his comp somwhere, unknowingly. no offense.
    I got prompted to DL the OS as well so it's not BS. It popped up on my taskbar asking me if I wanted to install it. This was through DM not through ATT.
    07-20-09 04:13 AM
    I'm pretty sure some of you are confusing the DM update with the OS update. You need to actually be in app loader or DM to update the OS. For DM update its a standalone updater that is basically like windows update.

07-20-09 04:16 AM
    Does anyone know how to get facebook working with os 5.0???

Thanks.

07-20-09 06:32 AM
    Does anyone know how to get facebook working with os 5.0???

Thanks.

The current version of FB, 1.6.0.21, will not work. However, according to Crucial Extreme, who would know, FB 1.7 will work with 5.0. Not sure when FB 1.7 is coming out, though.
    07-20-09 06:40 AM
    I too say that the OP may have confused the update for DM itself with an update for 5.0 OS. No worries though, it happens =). I tried this already, and when I want to 'upgrade' it tells me that the components I have installed are newer than those available. I'm running OS .282

07-20-09 06:58 AM
    If he's confusin it, then why does the screen shot he has say 5.0?
    07-20-09 07:12 AM
    Hmm, perhpas the OS was already there like it was already mentioned? Not too sure about that one. While it may have happened, just like the fellow who got a new Bold unbranded and black trackball, its not official as of yet.

07-20-09 07:20 AM
    I can't imagine this happening, but I suppose anything is possible. I'll upgrade DM tonight and synch, will report back if anything actually comes of it.
    07-20-09 07:48 AM
    Frankly, when two noobs are the only ones reporting this, I smell total BS.
    07-20-09 08:37 AM
    I got something like that too. It was not an OS update as mine still reads .167, just a bunch of files that my DM asked me if I wanted to update. Must have been about 20+ files. I don't believe it was an OS5 update though. It was weird. Happened right after I plugged in my BOLD to DM which I had JUST DL (5.0) AND WHEN IT SEARCH FOR UPDATES, IT GAVE ME THAT LIST OF FILES to update. Weird. I can't figure out what they were for and what new things were added if any.
    I got that too. I DL's DM 5 a couple days ago. I plugged my phone into my PC and DM told me I had like 20 updates available. I didn't do them cause I had no idea what they were. It was the same screen that usually says languages and core apps are available everytime I plug in. Really, unless it's a new 5.0 releases or some new feature, I don't care...

07-20-09 08:40 AM
    to the OP: If the OS update really happened, how long did it take?
    07-20-09 08:58 AM
    looks like to me it's the desktop software..just checked for updates and that's what pops up
    07-20-09 09:11 AM
    nope. dont believe it.
    07-20-09 09:11 AM
    if any of you so called "geniuses" took the time to look at the website he posted...youd realize its the leake version .93 or whatever.

Not even .100....

obviously he had it on his pc and didnt realize.

g'day
    07-20-09 11:29 AM
    if any of you so called "geniuses" took the time to look at the website he posted...youd realize its the leake version .93 or whatever.

Not even .100....

obviously he had it on his pc and didnt realize.

g'day
    i have never said i realized it was .93. I just said I plugged it in and it updated to it. I didn't download anything.

When you download betas and unofficial releases, don't you have to remove the vendor file and unplug from internet to update? I believe so.

I didn't remove the vendor file and my computer was plugged into the internet. That's why when I plugged in my BB, it checked with RIM server for software update and updated it.
    07-20-09 12:18 PM
    Frankly, when two noobs are the only ones reporting this, I smell total BS.
    I may be Noobs on this forum but I have had blackberries since gen 1. I have 6 BBs on my desk right now from the last 2 generations.
    07-20-09 12:20 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD