Is it possable to wipe my phone and just keep my Blackberry Messenger Contacts ?, Can anyone link me to the guides on how to Wipe the OS and How to Shrink my os and where i can get the OS, Thanks
    11-06-11 06:04 AM
    Yes you can. Its pretty simple. If you PM me I can get you a guide, in fact ill make one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 08:06 AM
    Doing it via PM defeats the purpose of an open forum hey?

How to Shrink-A-OS
    ridesno159 likes this.
    11-06-11 08:24 AM
    If I'm not mistaken you can backup your BBM contacts to your card using the built-in features of the phone/BBM. The link that ANDYAHS has on his post above - that app will do backups of the files on the phone, but not sure about the BBM contacts.....

Anyways just go into the options for your BBM and look for the BACKUP option - use it to backup to your memory card and just restore after you're done messing with the phone.

If you have BB PROTECT that you could just reinstall it and let it do it's thing to restore your contacts and such. Ensure you do a backup to BB PROTECT first tho.
    11-06-11 10:27 AM
    FYI BB protect doesn't backup BBM contacts.

Just use DM to backup your device prior to wiping and reloading the OS.

11-07-11 11:04 PM
    Shrinking looks tricky..dont think ill bother lol
    11-08-11 04:37 AM
    I have a Bold 9900 which was purchased a few months ago and it doesn't have the option to backup blackberry messenger contacts (it's not in the options list within the app). I use the desktop software for backups but don't see where that information is being saved.

I've gone to AT&T stores for help in Miami and Houston and both customer service reps said the same thing: "get rid of the blackberry"... and couldn't help.

I tried a fake restore, just to see if I could find some kind of backup from the desktop software and there doesn't seem to be anything there.

Can anyone help?
    03-15-13 02:43 PM
    First of all, those representitives don't know jack poo about your issue and aren't helpful at all.Second, use blackberry desktop manager and perform a selective (custom) backup and restore. That should fix any issues. If you aren't using the newer BBM deployed via BlackBerry World, I suggest you grab it after performing a restore. The newer BBM has backups tied to your blackberry ID.
    I have a Bold 9900 which was purchased a few months ago and it doesn't have the option to backup blackberry messenger contacts (it's not in the options list within the app). I use the desktop software for backups but don't see where that information is being saved.I've gone to AT&T stores for help in Miami and Houston and both customer service reps said the same thing: "get rid of the blackberry"... and couldn't help.I tried a fake restore, just to see if I could find some kind of backup from the desktop software and there doesn't seem to be anything there.Can anyone help?
    03-15-13 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD