Bought 2 bolds brand new yesterday, one works just fine, the other will not add a contact to the bbm, it says pending and has a green plus beside the name i added. also when i add a contact it vibrates like its sendin it to myself instead of the person i added....

next, i cant figure out where my applications are going that im downloading, myspace, facebook, aim...

i know there on the phone cuz there under the app list.. but there is no icon in any folder!!

if anyone has had either problem, please let me know how to fix them both!!!
    Thanks so much
    11-20-08 10:43 AM
    Where did you get them? The one sounds like it has a dead PIN.
    11-20-08 10:47 AM
    Bought 2 bolds brand new yesterday, one works just fine, the other will not add a contact to the bbm, it says pending and has a green plus beside the name i added. also when i add a contact it vibrates like its sendin it to myself instead of the person i added....

next, i cant figure out where my applications are going that im downloading, myspace, facebook, aim...

i know there on the phone cuz there under the app list.. but there is no icon in any folder!!

if anyone has had either problem, please let me know how to fix them both!!!
    Thanks so much
    If it says pending the other BB needs to accept the invite.

All of your downloaded apps should be in your Downloads folder (folder icon with an orange arrow on it.)
    11-20-08 10:49 AM
    both phones are from att, the download folder is empty on one... mine works fine i installed a few apps and it went smooth, my brothers is have the problems...

as far as a dead pin?

how do we go about switching the pin or is that possible?
    11-20-08 06:25 PM
    If it says pending the other BB needs to accept the invite.

All of your downloaded apps should be in your Downloads folder (folder icon with an orange arrow on it.)
    i never received his invite, but when i send the invite to my phone (where sending from his phone...) it vibrates and dings on his. just like its suppose to on the person who is receiving the new contact.

we have tried 5 different bbs to add him and none go through.
    11-20-08 06:28 PM
    both phones are from att, the download folder is empty on one... mine works fine i installed a few apps and it went smooth, my brothers is have the problems...

as far as a dead pin?

how do we go about switching the pin or is that possible?
    Just to make sure... do you have a valid data plan on both phones? Reason why i'm asking is because if you did, the service books that get pushed for all of AT&T's crap like XM Radio, MusicID, and their other download links put the icons in the Downloads folder. So I don't understand how it could be completely empty. Unless everything is just hidden.
    11-20-08 06:35 PM
    i have all those icons in my download folder his is empty... but yes he does have the bb personal data. his other bb before he got this was doing the same stuff the curve. and i click show all and nothing appears

and i just asked him if he has all the icons as in the community and xm and he says yes... he has the browser and the media net, so i know his internet works... and i tried to go back to myspace and download the app again, and it asks if i want to over write it??

so i did, still nothing, do i tried to delete it, wipe the phone and redownload it

nothing....

im stumped.
    Last edited by Corey600rr; 11-20-08 at 07:00 PM.
    11-20-08 06:56 PM
    Anyone have any other ideas? We were on the phone with tech for 2hrs and they are pretty much worthless...

How do u change a pin?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 08:43 AM
    If they are from an At&t store then the pin is fine. Some people bought from shady online sellers and ended up with pre release units that RIM promptly killed the pins on. Doesn't sound like the case here luckily. I would return it to At&t for another at this point.
    11-21-08 08:54 AM
    Some of my frinds had the same problem. What I had them end up doing is taking out the pin in your address book, save it and then put it back in. Then go to messenger and invite again.
    11-21-08 09:00 AM
    Ncbuckeye I've done that several times from at least 5 diff blackberries

11-21-08 12:09 PM
    I've even wiped out his phone and tried a fresh run and still same mess...

Last edited by Corey600rr; 11-21-08 at 12:34 PM.
    11-21-08 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD