is there any way to get blackberry maps to work on the bold? so i can get all of the weatherbug app to work
    06-09-09 04:13 PM
    Have you even bothered to use the forums Search feature? This question has been asked 13 times today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 04:30 PM
    is there any way to get blackberry maps to work on the bold? so i can get all of the weatherbug app to work
    You don't need to have BB Maps "working," which it won't on AT&T because they've crippled it with a service book... But you do need to have it installed in order for some versions of WB to work. To install it use DM or the AppLoader. The newest version of WB doesn't require it, however you will not be able to view maps (of course) if BB Maps isn't installed.
    06-09-09 05:17 PM
    There is a way to kind of use Blackberry Maps with Poynt. It will ask you if you want to use Blackberry Maps or Google Maps (if installed).
    06-09-09 06:06 PM
    You can also get BB maps to work with CarFinder CarFinder by Neosistec

It uses BB Maps as a plugin to the CarFinder program - and it's free!
    06-09-09 06:18 PM
    call att and scream at them for crippling ur blackberry on purpose.
    06-09-09 06:19 PM
    I see we just don't learn much on these forums. Search.
    06-09-09 06:37 PM
    i figured it out
    06-09-09 09:00 PM
    "We" learn...it's "They" (the constant stream of noobs like me) who bottleneck the progress till we come up to speed.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-10-09 at 10:23 PM.
    06-09-09 10:39 PM
    BBMaps can be accessed through BBMessenger, SignalLoc and Poynt (and probably other apps) and is fully, 100% funtional. It absolutely does work on AT&T provided service. You just cannot access it using the icon as in the past.

06-09-09 11:09 PM
    i got it to install and am able to use it in weather bug too thats all i really wanted it for.......lol what is the best free app for maps and directions though i have yellowpages on there already
    06-10-09 09:10 AM

Maybe, just maybe users are ignoring posters that rather than help someone always tell them to "search".
    06-10-09 12:58 PM
    Most of us like to help. But one should try to help himself before asking others. Seriously, this question has been asked so many times that it's becoming comical. The most basic of all searches would have given the op enough reading on bb maps with the bold to last all day. And his answer would have been had within 2 minutes.

06-10-09 02:00 PM
    Yet the OP still got their answer with this thread because some users choose to help.
    06-10-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD