Hi guys,

Currently I am using an unlocked blackberry bold and my carrier is ATT. I am trying to use the blackberry map in my phone because it sync up with weatherbug that I really want to use. I had search the forum on how to download the map into the device and it does not work.

One of the way is to download the map using my desktop but according to the website, they dont allow that to happen. When I went to my DM, I saw that there is a blackberry map in my phone. I went back to my phone and change the theme, as some people suggested that it is hidden, but the map is still not there. I also tried to download it OTA but RIM website said that my device is not supported. While i was looking for the icon in my phone, I went to the option menu and saw that for the map application is actually blackberry map.

I just updated my BB software through my DM, which is version 5.0. I dont know which carrier of the software I am using but the DM just told me that I need to get the OS updated so I did.

Are there any other way to solve this? I searched through the forums and also the internet but all of them are not helping.

Thanks.
    07-29-09 12:42 AM
    I have the same problem...
    this thread actually looks liek if I had wrote it..

I wanna know if there are any options.
    07-29-09 06:08 AM
    AT&T has blocked BB maps for good, they will not let you use it so that they can rip you off with AT&T Navigator instead. Why let the customer use something for free when they can charge you $10/month?

See if Google maps will work for you, it's free.
    07-29-09 06:19 AM
    07-29-09 07:00 AM
    Thanks! very much
    07-29-09 07:03 AM
    You can install BBMaps through desktop manager on to your bold, but you won't be able to find and icon to launch it. I installed BBMaps so I can use Poynt. But I have tried all the suggestions mentioned in all the threads I could find and could never get a BBMaps icon to show up.
    07-29-09 09:01 AM
    In 'applications' it shows that I have BBMaps, yet I have never seen it/or an icon anywhere on my phone. Does that mean if I delete it from my apps, I won't be able to use Poynt?
    07-29-09 09:11 AM
    You can install Blackberry Maps for apps that require it to be installed but you can't actually run it from the shortcut.

AT&T removes the ability to use BBM standalone because they want you to pay for their Navigator app.
    07-29-09 09:23 AM
    In 'applications' it shows that I have BBMaps, yet I have never seen it/or an icon anywhere on my phone. Does that mean if I delete it from my apps, I won't be able to use Poynt?
    I don't have BBMaps installed at the moment, and I can set Poynt to use GoogleMaps. Not sure if all functionality is there, but I haven't missed anything in the light way I use it.
    07-29-09 10:11 AM
    I don't have BBMaps installed at the moment, and I can set Poynt to use GoogleMaps. Not sure if all functionality is there, but I haven't missed anything in the light way I use it.
    No Google Maps, but, Can Poynt work with AmAze and Lifeinpocket?
    07-29-09 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD