Getting a BB 9930 this Friday, (switching from iPhone 4), but I really don't want to stop using iTunes as my primary source for music, and my main way of getting music on my mobile.

Probably a thread about this somewhere already, (for that, i apologize), but what's the best advice someone can give me?

Thanks to anyone who answers in advance!~
    02-15-12 12:08 PM
    i own both the BlackBerry 9900 and the PlayBook. you'll download the BlackBerry Desktop manager on your PC or laptop and in the setting you can have the music (media) pointed to your I-Tunes folder. i have all my music (18 gigs) organized with I-Tunes so when i plug in either devices it sync's any new music that i might have added. you can also sync a playlist if you wish not to have you whole library on your device. its pretty sweet and you get album artwork and the details when playing the music on your device.
    02-15-12 12:22 PM
    i own both the BlackBerry 9900 and the PlayBook. you'll download the BlackBerry Desktop manager on your PC or laptop and in the setting you can have the music (media) pointed to your I-Tunes folder. i have all my music (18 gigs) organized with I-Tunes so when i plug in either devices it sync's any new music that i might have added. you can also sync a playlist if you wish not to have you whole library on your device. its pretty sweet and you get album artwork and the details when playing the music on your device.
    Exactly the kind of reply I was looking for. Just heard and saw an app in Appworld called iTunes Sync, think this would be a good alternative?
    02-15-12 12:29 PM
    If you have older DRM iTunes music, it will not sync that music. There is a FAQ on the iTunes web site with a link to an upgrade process so that you can pay a fee and get the songs with DRM upgraded to higher quality and DRM free.
    02-15-12 12:30 PM
    If you have older DRM iTunes music, it will not sync that music. There is a FAQ on the iTunes web site with a link to an upgrade process so that you can pay a fee and get the songs with DRM upgraded to higher quality and DRM free.
    DRM music as in...?
    02-15-12 12:37 PM
    Digital Rights Management... ie you cannot copy it (or aren't supposed to)
    02-15-12 12:40 PM
    Digital Rights Management... ie you cannot copy it (or aren't supposed to)
    Like limewire music? Lol
    02-15-12 12:46 PM
    DRM music as in...?
    In the case of Apple, it meant that the music only worked on iDevices associated with the iTunes account. At some point in the past few years, they just raised the price and it now will work on all devices. The movies and TV shows still have DRM and will only work on iDevices.
    Last edited by robsteve; 02-15-12 at 01:01 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-15-12 12:58 PM
    Exactly... I only pay the small fee if I absolutely need the music on my phone. It's iTunes +plus... roughly $3.00 to upgrade an album. I still have my iPod classic for rocking out in my truck so it's not essential to put everything on my 32Gb card. And yes I still buy CD's once in awhile.

Like limewire music? Lol
    No... these files will transfer no problem. It's the older "protected" ones so you can't just give out your music.

In the case of Apple, it meant that the music only worked on iDevices associated with the iTunes account. At some point in the past few years, they just raised the price and it now will work on all devices. The movies and TV shows still have DRM and will only work on iDevices.
    Couldn't have said it any better.
    02-15-12 01:34 PM
    I have a mac and the Blackberry desktop manager for Mac works perfectly syncing my iTunes music. It also syncs my songs to my iPod and iPad through iTunes... So no problem getting my music on all my devices.
    02-15-12 01:51 PM
    Since I have a 200gb library, i usually just copy the files directly to my 9930 media card. I am able to copy drm music as well as aac files (purchased) from itunes onto the media card. I do not use DM to sync music, i just double click the media card and drop everything right into music folder. if you have it tagged correctly in itunes, your bb will work just like an iPod.
    02-15-12 01:55 PM
    Thanks for the replies, everyone.
    Not a question CB can't answer.
    02-16-12 10:10 AM
    My i-tunes library is successfully synced with my Bold 9900 and playing tracks works fine through the built-in speaker, but when I try to play tracks with headphones plugged in although the album artwork appears an error message comes up saying the file format is unsupported. I had a brief dalliance with a Q10 which had the same issue, my old Curve 8xxx (can't remember full name now) plays these same tracks through headphones with no problems. Anyone help?
    06-11-13 08:41 AM
    Ooooooooh that's really nice. yayayay!! love it
    06-11-13 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD