So, I got my new replacement bold yesterday and did the whole device switch using the desktop manager. Afterwards I called to activate my phone and such. Now... I don't get emails, can't use the web, or use my BBM... All I can do is text and call. It says my blackberry internet connection isn't connect. I can browse the web through wi-fi, but what about when I am out? I can't do ANYTHING. So, fix?
    06-30-10 12:41 PM
    3 Things come to mind.

1. Did you go to the Verizon BIS service and switch your phone to the new PIN?

2. If so, did you send service books?

3. Did you try registering Hosting Routing Tables.
    Options>Advanced>Host Routing Tables>Menu and hit Register

Thats all I can think of
    06-30-10 12:54 PM
    I tried the 3 method, and I was told I would get an activation message. Half and hour and two battery pulls later, nothing. For the first...What..? And the second, how?
    06-30-10 01:00 PM
    Not to double post or anything, but under the first screen of the email setup, on the Blackberry website interactive demo it shows TWO options, one for business emails and one for private emails. I only got the business option on my phone.
    06-30-10 02:30 PM
    The Device Switch Wizard is great isn't it? Its so easy to use and---thank God---I have never had any trouble with it.

If I were you and because the three-fold plan above has failed, I would just call VZW tech support from a different phone. You have something else going on if registering the BIS, service books, etc. didn't work out for you..
    Last edited by d5115r; 06-30-10 at 03:15 PM. Reason: typos...
    06-30-10 03:11 PM
    Is your phone a company phone controlled by your IS department? That would possibly change things.
    06-30-10 03:16 PM
    I've never, not once, gone to any website to make changes for my email on my BBs. I'm on my 4th now. Is that really even necessary anymore? When I activate the new phone, I go into email settings, and it says "connecting to email services" or something like that, and bam, there's my accounts.

Do you have to do it in some cases? I don't even have an account.
    06-30-10 03:20 PM
    I can't register with the BIS, it says the phone isn't activated with Verizon, when it it as it shows up on the my Verizon phone list, I can also make calls and text. I simply can't use the browser without WiFi, or use BBM, period. SInce it's within walking distance, later on I will walk over to the Verizon store and get my issue fixed.
    06-30-10 03:39 PM
    It sounds to me like Verizon did not put you on any kind of data plan when you switched phones. Did you do it yourself on the web, or through a CSR on the phone? Either way, call 800-922-0204 and get it straightened out. It also may take someone from your company's IT department to set it up for you. If you are not yet provisioned on your co's BES server, then all you can do is make calls and text; you would have to be provisioned on your BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) to do anything else and your IT dept. usually does that.

I've just recently been promoted from newbie, so ...

sj
    06-30-10 04:27 PM
    hi I just bought a bb 8520. Its second hand, so I reformat it. After that I tried connecting to wifi, it connected but the problem is I cant go on browser. Its saysunabale to connect to the internet pls try again later. Pls. Help its my first time to use bb.
    04-13-13 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD