Hi,
    I've got an unlocked Bold and I'm on T-Mobile UK contract. I pay my fiver a month and have the Blackberry addon on my account. My emails all come through fine and I can get on BB Messenger.

The problem is that when I try and access mobile.blackberry.com it tells me to try again using the blackberry browser. When I check the status in Connections it tells me I'm not connected to a BIS!?

Is this right? and would this also be why App World refuses to load once installed?
    04-21-09 05:43 PM
    To access the BB Maps and download BB App World you have to have BIS enabled on your phone.

To check if it has been provisioned goto Options/advanced options service book and look for IPPP for BIS-B and Blackberry Internet Browsing Service.

If you dont have both, BIS is not active on your phone.

Im a Tmo UK BB user on contract but they forgot to turn on BIS at the start for me. Ring customer services and ask for your BIS to be turned on. Make sure they transfer you to tech support as the frontline troops cant do a thing for you.
    04-21-09 06:32 PM
    What's your PIN?
    I can look it up for you.
    It's 2556d3e9

Yandar: yep, both of those are missing. I'll give them a call now - thanks for your help!
    04-25-09 05:19 AM
    Just some more info. you will know if your connected to the BIS as your phone will show the small blackberry 4 dot icon next to your 3G icon. If it doesnt show up then it means you arent connected.
    04-25-09 05:59 AM
    ok - I've called TMO and told them I needed those two service books adding.. they did so, I rebooted - and now I have an extra web n walk browser that I didn't have before.

It says I'm connected to the BIS - but now facebook and the web browser don't work!!
    T-zones still works as that goes through the APN, but anything that uses the BIS is functionless!

They're going to call me back, what shall I suggest is the problem?
    04-25-09 07:26 AM
    ok - I've called TMO and told them I needed those two service books adding.. they did so, I rebooted - and now I have an extra web n walk browser that I didn't have before.

It says I'm connected to the BIS - but now facebook and the web browser don't work!!
    T-zones still works as that goes through the APN, but anything that uses the BIS is functionless!

They're going to call me back, what shall I suggest is the problem?
    Hmmm strange, i have an unlocked Bold that im running on Tmobile myself and had them add the BIS to my account back in Dec and since then havent had any issues that you seem to be having.

You could try and delete all the service books that you have in your phone then reboot and they should be sent back to you.

If and when they call back just tell them what problems your having, they should be able to go through a few things and get it sorted. I remember when i was having a few probs with my email...i did a handheld wipe and then rebooted...when it had booted back up everything seemed to be in order.
    04-25-09 07:40 AM
    I've had this problem as well, I'm also T-Mobile UK.

I kept getting the message "Please ensure you have a data plan"

I bought a sim free blackberry bold from CPW yesterday because I'd been so impressed with my pay as you go one, none of the applications would work, the maps wouldn't work and even the blackberry apps store wouldn't work, I spoke to frontline first of all who were adamant that BIS was active, I asked him to double check with 2nd line support who confirmed it wasn't there, IPPP was missing and also BIS-M.
    06-28-09 08:02 AM
    My phone is not connect to bis service. I can't activate blackberry mounthly BB10 is not available
    04-09-13 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD