Help please, when I switch on my Blackberry 9000 it seems to switch on but the screen goes black then I have to switch on again and I find the keyboard is locked. Not a serious problem but it's a pain. I can't find anywhere in the menus to stop this happening. I have tried pulling the battery but it still happens.
    08-15-11 07:26 AM
    When you say switch on do you mean you have powered it off or just locked it yourself?

Have you got a password on your BB?
    Last edited by Jono212; 08-15-11 at 08:43 AM.
    08-15-11 08:40 AM
    Did you just get this? If so, where did you buy it? If not, how long have you had it.

When did it start doing this?

What changes/updates have you done?
    08-15-11 10:26 AM
    When I switch the bberry on it goes locks the keyboard. I haven't locked the keyboard. I do not have a password.
    08-15-11 11:28 AM
    It's my company phone. I really can't remember changing anything that would lock the keyboard. it started doint this at the weekend.
    08-15-11 11:32 AM
    When I switch the bberry on it goes locks the keyboard. I haven't locked the keyboard. I do not have a password.

Mine does it but its because I have a password on my phone. I tried it taking the password off and it still does it. Same problem then just never knew it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    08-15-11 12:41 PM
    If you are using BES to get your company email, you need to check with your IT dept and see if they pushed out a new security policy.
    08-15-11 03:09 PM
    No new security policy has been introduced. The phone alwasy starts up with the keyboard locked. I can't see where to stop this function.
    08-16-11 08:17 AM
    I'm pretty sure this is how it is supposed to work. It allows you to pop the battery in and just put the BlackBerry in your pocket or purse without fear of pocket dialing - instead of waiting the 2-5 minutes for boot up before being able to put it away. In playing with the iPhone, I think it also starts up with a locked screen. No idea about Androids or other smartphones.

I also strongly suggest putting a password on a company phone, in case it is ever stolen or played with while unattended. Even if it's a simple password; I have a 5-character password that's quick to enter but I changed the number of retries down to five instead of the default ten, so people have less chances to guess my "simple" password.
    Bobbymcm likes this.
    08-16-11 09:47 AM
    Problem is my 9000 never used to do this, thats probably why it's now a pain. it just started all of a sudden and I can't find out where or how to stop it happening.
    08-17-11 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD