I was reading some of the posts and some of the people have been saying that this device will be touch screen. Is this true?
    07-14-09 06:40 PM
    Magnum can be the next bold upgrade but they just rumours nothing confirmed yet.
    07-15-09 02:14 AM
    The Driftwood is not the Magnum.The Driftwood will not have a touchscreen like is rumoured with the Magnum.It will be much more conventional like the Tour & Onyx.
    07-15-09 09:03 AM
    The Driftwood is not the Magnum.The Driftwood will not have a touchscreen like is rumoured with the Magnum.It will be much more conventional like the Tour & Onyx.
    You sure about that??
    07-15-09 10:46 AM
    You sure about that??
    As much as I can be without having actual facts. The only big question design-wise left unanswered is whether the final Onyx/Driftwood 9020 series models will use the trackpad or newer tour/8900 design trackball.
    07-15-09 12:31 PM
    As much as I can be without having actual facts. The only big question design-wise left unanswered is whether the final Onyx/Driftwood 9020 series models will use the trackpad or newer tour/8900 design trackball.
    I'm not sure if it was all settled yet, but there was no clear answer on if the Onyx will release with the TP or TB yet.
    07-15-09 02:47 PM
    Is the Tour/8900 trackball any different from the one on "older" generations like the 81xx/83xx/88xx?
    07-15-09 04:19 PM
    It's solid black, a little bit smaller and much more responsive than the first gen. trackballs(81xx,88xx,83xx series).Not sure how better they hold up.I hear stories about sticky trackballs on the 8900 and even the new Tour.
    07-15-09 04:37 PM
    It's solid black, a little bit smaller and much more responsive than the first gen. trackballs(81xx,88xx,83xx series).Not sure how better they hold up.I hear stories about sticky trackballs on the 8900 and even the new Tour.
    They are much better. Hence the new design.
    07-15-09 08:34 PM
    Yes the trackball is very sticky. I know so. I cannot wait for the trackpad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 08:42 PM
    I'm not sure if it was all settled yet, but there was no clear answer on if the Onyx will release with the TP or TB yet.
    I think it is in the best interest for RIM to wait and release the Onyx with the TP. Bold 9000 sales are still strong, there is no hurry to release a new device to replace it. Ironing out the bugs with the TP and OS 5 should be on the top of their list. Afer all, the 9020 is going to be the new upgrade to the flagship BlackBerry; the BlackBerry Bold.
    07-15-09 08:59 PM
    I think it is in the best interest for RIM to wait and release the Onyx with the TP. Bold 9000 sales are still strong, there is no hurry to release a new device to replace it. Ironing out the bugs with the TP and OS 5 should be on the top of their list. Afer all, the 9020 is going to be the new upgrade to the flagship BlackBerry; the BlackBerry Bold.
    I totally agree. I don't think sales for RIM are gonna go down drastically if they just wait a few more months to wait and release it with the TP. Plus it's not like RIM only has one or two devices out on a carrier, they have multiple devices on multiple carriers. Are 3 more months really gonna hurt?
    07-15-09 09:07 PM
    Waiting a few more months for a trackpad BB is fine. The technology is there. The 8520 is coming in august and it has a trackpad. At this point I think they have the bugs ironed out already.

The sooner they release it for tmo the better. I miss my blackberry...
    07-15-09 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD