A couple weeks ago, I thought my phone was bugging out on me a bit as my desktop (Win7 64bit legit) would pop up the following message, and freezes while looking for updates:
    The Application Loader Wizard requires the Blackberry Device Manager to be installed. Please contact customer support.
    Not a huge problem...until yesterday when my phone decided to completely crap out on me. Tried to do the "force phone to get acknowledged by PC", but it wouldn't work AT ALL. Was thinking I was gonna face a huge repair bill...and then I tried it on my notebook. No problems, got detected, fixed everything up.

What is going on? I uninstalled (through the windows uninstall tool) both the desktop manager (5.0.1) and device software (5.0.0.592) and EVERYTHING I could find that is blackberry, and then reinstalling on my desktop. Yet still, no go. I'm using the most recent versions which are the versions that were and still are on my computer now.

Anyone got any advice on how to get everything working?
    05-26-10 09:14 PM
    I'm not having problems with 5.0.1 (and 5.0.0.592) on win 7 64bit.
    05-26-10 09:48 PM
    Try DM version 4.7.

Download Desktop Manager from here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

You can install Desktop Manager with out the Update notification, you will see that choice toward the end of the install process.
    05-26-10 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD