I am so mad.

I upgraded OS to the newest version. An hour later it froze. I pulled the fully charged battery and put it back in. NOTHING!!!

There is no LED even when I plug it into a charger. Now, I am pretty sure even with the battery out, an LED should still light up.

I tried taking out sim card and microSD.

Nothing is working.

Please don't tell me I have to send it back. It cost me a lot of **** and money to get it in the first place.

Help!!!
    07-26-09 07:37 AM
    From the How To and FAQ Forum: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    You won't have to send it back; you can recover it.
    07-26-09 07:42 AM
    That is for a BB that has a white screen and LED flashing when plugged in.

I have nothing.... no screen... no power.... no led... no life.....

I cannot do any of those steps as my computer will not see phone at all... I tried.
    07-26-09 07:44 AM
    What happened when you sent the Loader /nojvm command? Did you give it time to work?
    07-26-09 08:33 AM
    i dont know how u guys upgrade your devices ! never had a problem !
    07-26-09 08:35 AM
    That is for a BB that has a white screen and LED flashing when plugged in.

I have nothing.... no screen... no power.... no led... no life.....

I cannot do any of those steps as my computer will not see phone at all... I tried.
    What happened when you sent the Loader /nojvm command? Did you give it time to work?
    I DID read your post. The first symptom Reed lists is "1. Totally dead". You said "I tried." Did you actually try the procedure? If so, what happened when you sent the Loader /nojvm command?
    07-26-09 08:53 AM
    I DID read your post. The first symptom Reed lists is "1. Totally dead". You said "I tried." Did you actually try the procedure? If so, what happened when you sent the Loader /nojvm command?
    It popped up the loader.exe... it says com1 instead of saying "usb blah blah" like it should... I hit next and it says cannot connect.

Nothing will connect to phone.

I grantee that that specific brick restore is not for my problem.
    07-26-09 08:59 AM
    i dont know how u guys upgrade your devices ! never had a problem !
    My phone kept rebooting when I tried to play a movie I downloaded. Sometimes it would play... sometimes it would reboot on its own almost like a memmory dump. Somebody told me to upgrade os. I did it right. Worked good for a few hours then poof. Played the movie fine then froze. I have hacked many phones, psp's, xbox360, upgrades, firmware on all kinda of multi-million dollar equipment and so on. Oh, and that movie and others worked fine on friends storm for a week now. ripped it with DVDfab 6.

I am an engineer and good with computers so I know it wasn't my fault. I have read over a dozen forums now with people with the same problem. And they are getting the same advice, with the same results.

$200 down the drain.
    Last edited by CurtisLee; 07-26-09 at 09:06 AM.
    07-26-09 09:03 AM
    It popped up the loader.exe... it says com1 instead of saying "usb blah blah" like it should... I hit next and it says cannot connect.

Nothing will connect to phone.....
    It sounds like you have the issue Reed addresses in Step 5. Look at the BlackBerry 101 link he provides and try that. It may take several tries.
    07-26-09 09:09 AM
    here is one thread for example with same problem... there are tons....

http: //forums.crackberry. com/f83/bold-dead-no-led-no-power-nothing-73257/

Looks like its toast unless I charge it overnight and it comes back.

This thing is brand spankin new (three weeks) and I really don't want to pay for another one. Hopefully the warranty is good.
    07-26-09 09:15 AM
    As long as the OS you attempted to install is supported by AT&T, you shouldn't have a warranty problem. Within the first 30 days you will get a new device. But at least try Reed's step 5 instructions a few times.
    07-26-09 09:18 AM
    As long as the OS you attempted to install is supported by AT&T, you shouldn't have a warranty problem. Within the first 30 days you will get a new device. But at least try Reed's step 5 instructions a few times.
    It was from RIMS site I don't see why not.
    07-26-09 09:37 AM
    It was from RIMS site I don't see why not.
    You should have no problem with a warranty exchange in that case. It's only when someone bricks his phone installing an unreleased beta OS that he might have a warranty problem.
    07-26-09 09:45 AM
    Yep sounds like that pretty much sucks. At this point, I would try running over it with a car, throwing it against a wall, or burning it in a gasoline lit fire. At least your frustration will be seized.
    07-26-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD