Why is my Bold 9700 having trouble charging overnight ?
    Hey, Can anyone help me with this charging problem ? I just replaced my 9000 couple days ago with this used 9700. Both my 9000 & 9700 are having similar charging problems. I would wake up and find them not charged overnight (using wall charger) but when I plug them back in in the morning via computer/usb, it would work fine. I am using the same USB cable & an A/C Adapter for the wall charging. Both are brand new. As I am typing now, I plugged the phone back into the wall outlet and it is charging fine right now. It just wont charge overnight.

Would a cradle/dock help ? Thanks !
    07-16-11 05:47 PM
    its possible the ac adapter is the defective portion if you can plug it into the computer and it works.
    07-16-11 06:00 PM
    So 2 different devices, 1 wall charger and not charging right.
    USB on computer charges ok.

with that info sounds like the wall charger shuts off once a device is full or the wall charger cuts off after x amount of time charging.
    07-16-11 06:05 PM
    I used different cables for the 9700 and 9000 but they are having similar issues. I can plug it in the computer and it charges fine. Right now, it's plugged in to the wall socket with the SAME cable & AC adapter and it's working fine. For some reason, it just doesn't charge at night when I'm sleeping. Extremely confused, because if it were the chargers problem, it would just not charge at all.
    07-16-11 06:15 PM
    Be sure the outlet that you are plugging the wall chargers into is not switched. If it is, someone may be turning it off when they switch off a light.
    07-16-11 06:26 PM
    I was going through the same exact problem! Its your charger! Just get a new charger and your problem is solved!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 10:02 PM
    Ok. Thanks for the help guys.
    I purchased a dock and will get a new charger.
    I'll let you guys know if the new charger helps. Thanks !
    07-17-11 07:07 AM
    Be sure the outlet that you are plugging the wall chargers into is not switched. If it is, someone may be turning it off when they switch off a light.
    This. I remember having a computer plugged into the outlet switched by the light. It got shut off many times by accident. It's possible that the bedroom light also controls that outlet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD