Will the same Blackberry branded chargers from my 9650 be compatible with my new 9930?
    Thanks
    08-15-11 01:39 PM
    Yes. Any Blackberry charger with the newer micro-usb plug will work perfectly.
    08-15-11 01:48 PM
    Yeah they still work, you get a sucky apple like charger with the 9900/9930 now
    I hate them! I've got two or three older ones that I use rather than the USB & plug.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 01:49 PM
    Yeah they still work, you get a sucky apple like charger with the 9900/9930 now
    I hate them! I've got two or three older ones that I use rather than the USB & plug.

I like the Apple style charges. They work better with power strips.
    08-15-11 02:02 PM
    I like the Apple style charges. They work better with power strips.
    I just dislike how short the wire is now
    Plus it puts more wear & tear on the USB and the plug itself, my Apple plug for my ipod is very lose when the USB is plugged into it :/

08-15-11 02:53 PM
    i got the Playbook Travel Charger and it is charging my 9900 in 90 Minutes... Great!
    08-15-11 03:57 PM
    i got the Playbook Travel Charger and it is charging my 9900 in 90 Minutes... Great!
    Yeah, I don't use the stock chargers anymore. The PB's charger is a heck of a lot better.
    08-15-11 03:59 PM
    i just bought a spare charger for work which charges at 1000mah, only cost �2 250mah faster than a standard one so slightly faster charge time.

my current charger at work doesnt charge my phone, but does my playbook...
    08-15-11 04:05 PM
    08-15-11 04:13 PM
    Yep, that is what I said in my earlier post. I do not use the stock charger anymore, haven't in months. Why? Cause the PB is a rapid charger for our handsets.
    08-15-11 04:24 PM
    yes and no. i doubt that the charge pods will work on the 9930/9000, but the micro usb will.

Will the same Blackberry branded chargers from my 9650 be compatible with my new 9930?
    Thanks
    08-15-11 04:33 PM
    Yep, that is what I said in my earlier post. I do not use the stock charger anymore, haven't in months. Why? Cause the PB is a rapid charger for our handsets.
    Who needs a "rapid" charger as I drop mine in the cradle before I go to bed and it is charged within an hour ot two. It is not a big deal.

You do sleep don't you?
    08-15-11 05:13 PM
    Who needs a "rapid" charger as I drop mine in the cradle before I go to bed and it is charged within an hour ot two. It is not a big deal.

You do sleep don't you?
    I try to get some shut eye here and there....

Oh yeah, I do the same with my 8520 (not pod, but charge before I goto bed)

I was just wondering if there was a performance difference between the stock charger and the pods, as I have never used em.

I just don't want to cover this beauty up with an Otter, if I can get minimum protection, and a holster, then I would consider going the way of the pod.
    08-15-11 05:22 PM
    The larger charger with higher output would charge the device quicker, but like I say even the little 1" cube charger charges mine to full with in a few hours in the cradle. Why "blast it" when you can take you time while sleeping. It likely does not matter as the circuitry in the handheld end the charging when the battery is full.
    08-15-11 05:30 PM
    The larger charger with higher output would charge the device quicker, but like I say even the little 1" cube charger charges mine to full with in a few hours in the cradle. Why "blast it" when you can take you time while sleeping. It likely does not matter as the circuitry in the handheld end the charging when the battery is full.
    All true, but I have three BlackBerry devices and I just need to make sure they are all fully charged when I leave the house

I'm a little ocd about that...
    08-15-11 05:38 PM
    All true, but I have three BlackBerry devices and I just need to make sure they are all fully charged when I leave the house

I'm a little ocd about that...
    The only difference is the time it takes to charger. One might take 2 hours and the larger charger only an hour, either will charge you battery to the same level by when you wake in the morning.

Being OCD is OK, me too. The important thing is what you are OCD about!

That is the key!

Relax and enjoy your new 9900, it is a great phone!
    08-15-11 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD