Older BlackBerry smartphones now being made into a limited series of chandeliers

This is a good idea for recycling older smartphones.

New York-based Michael McHale Designs have decided to collect discarded objects in order to make something beautiful. The company is making a limited series of chandeliers made out of CrackBerries.

McHale is seeking unwanted BlackBerrys to be sent in to be repurposed into a chandelier that will have a romantic feel to it. This was a design that was almost fetishized a few years ago. It was an artifact that was wasting away in peoples drawers The trackball almost seemed to be an erogenous zone, so I replaced it with a bright red jewel I wanted to accent the fact that it was a very special part of the BlackBerry.

Apparently McHales other chandeliers range in price from $167 to $15,000 (USD), but the picture above is an early work called the Ozymandias Chandelier and wont be cheap.

It would be interesting to see this idea take the form of the original iPhone, or the first Android HTC G1.

Older BlackBerry smartphones now being made into a 'limited series of chandeliers' | MobileSyrup.com
    10-18-13 04:26 PM
    Oh my, that's so weird. Hanging old BlackBerry phones as a chandelier looks strange. Will people pay for this? Perhaps just prosumers? I dunno. This is a WTF article.
    10-18-13 04:35 PM
    Maybe Kevin should buy a few and renovate his house while his fiance is away.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 04:42 PM
    10-18-13 04:51 PM