I can't receive my service books (presumably because I can't connect to the BIS) even though I have a little blackberry icon right next to 3g. I just upgraded to .247 from .216 (then subsequently downgraded to AT&T's .167 to see if it would fix the problem and because it didn't I then upgraded back to .247). Is there anything I should try and do before calling AT&T for help? I'm not a n00b but I really don't know what else to do.

I think that once I get my service books I'll be able to begin receiving my email again as well as access my browser/app world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 01:25 PM
    options > advanced options > host routing table > menu > register now

That should do it
    04-02-09 01:27 PM
    I've tried that several times with no luck unfortunately. Edit: when I do that I get a message saying that I'm registered with the wireless network but when I go to manage connections> services status the BIS stiill says "not connected"

Last edited by skitchbeatz; 04-02-09 at 01:34 PM.
    04-02-09 01:31 PM
    I would try a bettery pull, take the battery out with the device powered on for 30n seconds then replace..... this may just be the kickstart it needs.
    04-02-09 01:44 PM
    And if Hazysky's methods don't work and you call CS, do not mention that you were updating and downgrading your OS's.
    04-02-09 01:46 PM
    And if Hazysky's methods don't work and you call CS, do not mention that you were updating and downgrading your OS's.
    Ok. I just re-entered my imei online and tried to register. If I see no chAnge in an hour I'll spend some time on the phone with CS

04-02-09 01:52 PM
    So I ended up going to the AT&T store. After they fidled around with it for a while (I waited for them to figure it out. I didn't want to tell them how to do their job). The solution was to remove the data plan and re-add it. Got my browser and app world back as well as my email.

04-02-09 05:05 PM
    Hi I bought a blackberry 9000 unlocked and can not get any BIS at all I tried the routing table and it said that a messaged was sent... that was it. I am on AT&T and I am set up with $50 unlimited per month. PLEASE HELP!
    08-30-13 10:42 AM
    You need a BLACKBERRY specific data plan in order to get BIS. Do you have that? If you have the correct data plan, have you tried resending the Service Books?
    08-30-13 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD